Tentipi in sand/soft ground

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ciaopaddy

Sep 27, 2005
Co.Galway
I'm soon off to Morocco on a bike trip and am thinking of bringing my Varrie 7 as there are three of us going. I use the tent a lot and but have never actually tried putting it up in sand and we intend heading off-piste into some soft stuff. Anyone got any experience of how well the standard pegs will hold it up in sand ? Can I expect to find reasonably firm ground even in amongst dunes ?

Or, seeing as I don't want to have to buy those parachute things you bury in sand or massive pegs, would I be better off just leaving it behind and bringing a normal tent :( ?

stickbow

Tenderfoot
Aug 11, 2006
Northampton England
I have used my Varrie 7 in soft sand with the supplied pegs and no probs, but definatly put something under the center pole as it will sink into soft stuff.

So how did the Tentipi work in the sand? Any special tricks you learned on camping in the sand in a Tentipi. Are you traveling by motorcycle? I am looking to buy a Safir 5 or 7 to motorcycle camp with. Is your CP canvas or the light? How does it pack down to carry on you bike? How is the weight when packed down, is it a heavy tent? Hope you had a good time on your travels.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE