Tent help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

EastSussexScout

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2010
Brighton
i'm looking for a lightweight 2 person tent that can stand up to the very worst that the welsh mountains can throw at it. it needs to be spacious enough for 2 tall teenagers with kit and yet be light enough to be carried over the mountains. anyone got any suggestions or experience with something that might suit? nothing over £150 please. (we're students)

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
Hi mate, have a look at the Vango Typhoon. There's some good prices to be had on the net. It's a 3 man job at a tad under 4kg but a very decent bit of kit for the price. If you suddenly come into money - Hilleberg Nallo or Nammatj you'll still be using it when you draw your pension!! Big bucks but worth every penny. Good luck with your search:)

Thoth

Nomad
Aug 5, 2008
Hertford, Hertfordshire
Have a look at a Vango Spirit 200+. I think it is £100 over your price though. I've got one and it's gook for 2 people with plenty of kit space in the porch. Very stable with the 'internal guylines' in use.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
My Vango micro 200, seems fine, (internal guy lines too!) but waaay too small I'm about 6ft and My head and feet touch the inner tent when lying down.
I'd go to a tent showroom, and try a few!
generally speaking most tents manufactures will say what they expect the tent to cope with.
for serious weather you need to be looking at a 4-5 season tent you do get what you pay for!

EastSussexScout

Tenderfoot
Feb 27, 2010
Brighton
just an update for anuyone who was following this, after consulting the expedition leader i went for the Vango Typhoon. AMAZING piece of kit. stood up to driving rain and gale force winds on the top of a mountain in snowdonia. the sleeping area is big enough for me (6 ft) to strech right out and it's a snug fit for 2 people but there is plenty of porch space for all your kit and still enough room to cook inside the tent (which we ended up doing cos of the horrendous weather). the weight was fairly substantial but i didn't mind carrying it as it was the only tent left standing after 3 hours of bad weather. also, if i had divided the fly and inner between the 2 of us i'm sure it would've been fine. all in all, very pleased with it and excellent value for money at just under £95 inc p&p.

went for the 200 instead of the 300.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE