Tent Help/advice please?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Hi the parents and outlaws have clubbed together and going to give us a £200.00 Go outdoors voucher for Christmas so we have decided to get a decent tent, quite happy to put a bit to it, so question is, whats the best deal/value for the money?

I don't want something you need a degree to erect!

It must be totally waterproof and not sweat!

Enough room for me and partner and gear!

Oh and not too heavy!

Thanks in advance.

Ivan...

If i am expecting too much for about £300.00 in total, tell me i am being silly and i will buy something else!

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Cheers Bear, sounds a little too good to be true! May have to investigate, hopefully they have one erected at their Exeter store, so i can have a good old nose round.

Just as an added requirement for my money, i can't have anything but green! How fussy am i?

Thanks mate.

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Is there a reason why you are restricting yourself to Go Outdoors?

Why not identify a tent that you want, then shop around for the best price?

Simon

Thats where they have got the voucher from, and anything was better than pa in law saying "got you a lovely tent" If you know what i mean

Ivan...

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor

Whooo! Big chat with SWMBO, at lunchtime methinks, it may be a cash issue, also being very rude and untrustworthy, if i were to come to a deal with the advertiser hand over my money, do i have any guarantee that my tent will turn up and is in the condition advertised, and if not do i have any recourse?

Sorry to anyone tutting especially the gent selling, but i have been caught before, on here.

Ivan...

Chilliphil

Forager
Nov 16, 2013
Hampshire
May have to investigate, hopefully they have one erected at their Exeter store, so i can have a good old nose round.

I'll be surprised if they still have much up. All they have up at Southampton now are the damaged / reduced ones. If you can wait until spring is approaching they should have them all back out again.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor
Thanks for the help/advice and links, i fancy the Terra, but we will have to see if funds can stretch with the C word coming up and convince my other half it's a good buy.

Got a feeling it's going to be easier to get her to spend a voucher, to be honest, but you never know!

Ivan...

Jul 3, 2013
United Kingdom
The thing to do is to spend a couple of days trying to convince her that the PowerLizard or Nitro Lite 200 are the only sensible options. Eventually you can grudgingly admit you suppose that you can make do with a less expensive model.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
You would not be disappointed with the terra-nova bud. The build quality is far superior to any other tent I have ever used in any weather.

100_0025_zps34cc3b01.jpg

Savagewolfrm

Nomad
Oct 29, 2008
North Devon
i can do you a great deal. for only 150 quid cash i can supply you with 4 stirdy sticks and an 8ft x 8ft piece of green tarp. cheap at half the price and easy to carry.let me knowyour cockney mateRegards dave

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
i can do you a great deal. for only 150 quid cash i can supply you with 4 stirdy sticks and an 8ft x 8ft piece of green tarp. cheap at half the price and easy to carry.let me knowyour cockney mateRegards dave

And with the remaining £50 I will supply pegs

Regards Dave

Ivan...

Ex member
Jul 28, 2011
Dartmoor

Blooming typical, one has a sensible moment, to ask a perfectly sane question, and the Chuckle Brothers come along!

If that is all the thanks i get for nurse maiding you two amateurs through the rigours of bushcraft, then the world is a mucked up place.

I would kindly ask that you two comedians refrain from any further comment, on what up until now has been a sensible thread.

I am having a difficult enough job convincing my better half that £200.00 ish is a good price for a quality bit of kit, then Tweedle Dee (cockney branch) And Tweedle Dum come along and nearly ruin all chance i have, so i expect a full apology by PM, from both of you, now GROW UP!!

Ivan...

Mouse040

Apr 26, 2013
Radstock
Blooming typical, one has a sensible moment, to ask a perfectly sane question, and the Chuckle Brothers come along!

If that is all the thanks i get for nurse maiding you two amateurs through the rigours of bushcraft, then the world is a mucked up place.

I would kindly ask that you two comedians refrain from any further comment, on what up until now has been a sensible thread.

I am having a difficult enough job convincing my better half that £200.00 ish is a good price for a quality bit of kit, then Tweedle Dee (cockney branch) And Tweedle Dum come along and nearly ruin all chance i have, so i expect a full apology by PM, from both of you, now GROW UP!!

Ivan...

I'm sorry Ivan .........."............I'm sorry you are a girl who needs a pop up tent that is

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Had the Wild Country version. It was absolutely bombproof :approve: ~ only sold it on to fund a lightweight tent (which ended up as my all time favourite :D ). Does anyone know whether TN kept with the WC ethos of each section that you can see was replaceable? (so, in the event of severe damage, each pole sleeve and each fabric section could be replaced instead of scrapping the whole shebang :D )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE