Tengus First aid paying it forwards

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
A lot of my family members have had ulcer problems....I learned to dress wounds, particularly on toes and fingers very early!

I have been assembling my FAK and realised the mass of dressings I have in my coupboard. I have decided to thin them a little.

Some of these are OOD, others undated, the packagings all undamaged.

5cm crepe bandages
10 cm crepe bandages
calico triangular bandages
dispose a glove single medium
dispose a glove single small
sodium chloride 0.9% solution ampules (I know most of you use salt but this would do if you were in a hurry.)
few field dressings (why are they so bulky?)

You may have them, all I ask is if you take more than one item, Id like a consideration for postage, as Im very skint.

Also, though this is not a swap, if anyone has the following;

tick remover
scalpel blades
alcohol wipes
odd size plasters (I have many standard sized, its the silly big ones and the silly small ones that I lack...and seem to need.)
can opener from MREs (you know the sort)

I would like them.

Reactions: British Red

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
I think I might be able to find a pack of non sterile swann morton 10a blades from when I used to do paste-up on the magazine in the days before pooters. Nothing required in return. They cost me nothing.

markw

Forager
Jul 26, 2005
Leicestershire
Tengu,

Try Maplin the electrical store. They do packs of 5 Scalpel blades for 99p. Non sterile but foil packed/sealed.

Also most high street chemists do packs of single edges razors, again about a £1.00 for 3.

Also got a load of pre-injection alc swabs if you want then. Smaller than a wipe but a couple will get the job done. Also good for getting a fire goin in an emergency

Mark

bent-stick

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
surrey
www.customarchery.net
5 x 10a blades on the way (or already there?).

If you absolutely insist ;) I wouldn't mind a triangular bandage.

Most of my small kit is around cuts and scrapes. It might be a good idea to have something for breaks and dislocations.

BTW, If you are ever in hospital and have steristrips applied - ask them what they do with the rest of the pack - they bin it because it's sterilisation is compromised. I got a couple of packs with 4 1/2 strips intact when they were patching up my ankle. They even gave me some tape to seal up the packs :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Not arrived as yet. (maybe tommorrow?)

PM me your address and Ill send a triangular bandage and a few other bits

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE