Temporary home for BG bushcrafter

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well I had to sort something out to house my new Bernie Garland bushcrafter, so this'll do for now;
P3260015.jpg

3.5mm veg tan off cut from Le Prevo's scrap box!
P3260016.jpg

It's a dangler with solid brass ring for attaching a strap.
I wanted to do a trial run before committing to buying some high quality leather but came across a nice piece in the "skip" at the shop, so here's the result. It's ok but I need to resist the call to decorate everything:rolleyes:
the trouble, is that I love to "draw" on the leather and once I start, I get carried away.

Anyway, thanks for looking

R.B.

Eric_Methven

Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
Thats is good ,comming from a scrap box (leather).

LePrevo's scrap box is brilliant. It's like christmas every time you go in there. I've had whole sides out of the scrap box just because they were sun damaged (had gone dark in places) but they were getting dyed anyway so it didn't matter. Got them for next to nowt.

Eric

rancid badger

Ooh! very pretty. Have you got a photo of the knife out of the sheath?

Eric

Here you go young man:
took these outside during a brief sunny spell!
P3270005.jpg

P3270007.jpg

P3270001.jpg

thanks to all for the kind comments, still can't quite get Bernies engraving to show up in the photo's properly!

I've been putting the knife to some fairly heavy use over the last week or so and the curve towards the ricasso ( the swoopy bit towards the handle!) really does work as Bernie said it would. I'm thinking about a neck type sheath/holster set up but I'm not sure how to go about it. any ideas anyone?

best wishes
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE