Teddy Tours Malham

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
I’ve transferred the photo’s over to my Blog :-http://teddytourteas.blogspot.com/
as I do not like the loss of control over the photo’s,

Graham_S
You have received an infraction at BushcraftUK: Community Forum.
Reason: Insulted Other Member(s)
-------
Hi.
Due to a number of complaints from other members, and after reviewing the thread in question (this one), I've awarded an infraction.
While you are entitled to your opinion, there is no need to insult people.
Thank you.
Graham_s.
BCUK Mod team.
-------
This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I regard the photo’s as my property, that I want to share with BCUK,
but finding I can’t access them, because of “restricted access,” I’ve transferred them to where I can
thanks for your time Danny.
---------------------------------------------------------------
With the Met. office promising a good day today :-
Wednesdays weather posted Tuesday night
A dry and sunny day to come with clear blue skies for much of the time. The wind will make it feel very cold, especially over high ground.Visibility Excellent.
from http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/loutdoo...hiredales/yorkshiredales_latest_pressure.html
I packed the haversack last night and set off this morning to Malham, parking in the National Park car park in the village, the cove was soon in sight

and followed the beck to the base

looking up

it was then a slippery trek to the top

you can see the path to the base through the fields and the 7 o'clock sunray is shining on our house !

met a few of these at the top and was reminded of the 1950’s buying lumps of Toffee for a 1d that were wrapped in a greenish tartan, waxy paper,
with a picture of one of these on, never mind your fillings, chewing on it would pull your teeth out !

followed the Pennine way then turned of for Langscar gate

crossed the road and onto the Pennine Bridleway (up hill !)

as far as the cross roads where I took the Stockdale Bridleway. Good job I had my stick

the gate holes were catching the snow

which got deeper the further up I went

passed Nappa Cross and onto the next set of cross roads

downhill now to the cove road

passing a turn off as the sun went low

it was nearly getting “white out”

but then Malham came into view

just thought I'd share, cheers all Danny

Last edited:

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
Beautiful pics, no tea for Teddy today ?

I set off with the Optimus Crux stove and billy,frying pan,kettle,and this time a drip coffee set up and a piece of rump steak cut thin and "malleted" a small tin of peas and carrots and some "smash" with a small bottle of Rioja. I'd had a bowl of porrage for breakfast but once out on the hill, in the wind, breathing was like eating mints and drinking a cold drink. I was well layered up and indeed wasn't cold, infact my ski mitts stayed in the haversack but nowhere looked sheltered enough for a "Teddy Tour Tea" so I just snacked on chocolate and an apple on the way round.Here's a view looking down on a frozen Malham Tarn, couldn't get shadow out so waved !

cheers Danny

Last edited:

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
nice pics look likes a lovely place to walk in the snow a set of skis wouldnt of gone a miss lol what is that walking stick u use? and whats the ball half way down it ?

justsun

Nov 14, 2010
italy
well you do look tall on that shadow ... no snow over here Yet ... only on the alps but lots of rain central italy and very windy... poor teddy did let him have some chocolate?? how deep was the snow up there?

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
hey that sun at seven looks a beam i noticed on the photo a couple of shapes came up on the right
Hi Justsun, no doubt someone will correct me if I'm wrong but the shape of them suggests they're the shape of the shutter in the camera with it pointing at the sun (lens flare?) I don't think they're "Orbs"

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
nice pics look likes a lovely place to walk in the snow a set of skis wouldnt of gone a miss lol what is that walking stick u use? and whats the ball half way down it ?

Hi gowersponger, it's a fiberglass flag stick from a golf course I've had it a long time and for years used it as my beating stick on a couple of the local pheasant shoots where I’d tie the black flag it came with back on,to the small brass loop 1/3 way down and one year added a small brass bell onto it, which stayed on --- lets you know I’m approaching in the fog like a pushiron bell ! I used to end up carrying it when the ground was stony like on the Limestone clints, but then spotted some rubber pimple ended walking stick ends on the local market which really make it grip. I’ve started to add them to my wooden stick collection as well
cheers Danny

QDanT

Settler
Mar 16, 2006
Yorkshire England
images

gowersponger

Settler
Oct 28, 2009
swansea
Hi gowersponger, it's a fiberglass flag stick from a golf course I've had it a long time and for years used it as my beating stick on a couple of the local pheasant shoots where I’d tie the black flag it came with back on,to the small brass loop 1/3 way down and one year added a small brass bell onto it, which stayed on --- lets you know I’m approaching in the fog like a pushiron bell ! I used to end up carrying it when the ground was stony like on the Limestone clints, but then spotted some rubber pimple ended walking stick ends on the local market which really make it grip. I’ve started to add them to my wooden stick collection as well
cheers Danny
fair play bloody superb lol

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE