Tears in BA bivi bag, repair?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
I picked up a BA bivi bag recently and missed a couple of tiny (5cm) tears near the base of the bag. Can anyone give me any tips for repairing the rips and what to use?

Much obliged!

mikedefieslife

Tenderfoot
Apr 8, 2014
EU
That tape looks a brilliant addition to my overland kit.

I presume it'll work on tents, mats, sleeping bags, rucksacks, panniers, motorcycle clothing, waterproof over gear etc..

Feb 21, 2015
Durham
That tape looks a brilliant addition to my overland kit.

I presume it'll work on tents, mats, sleeping bags, rucksacks, panniers, motorcycle clothing, waterproof over gear etc..

Oh yes!..... its good stuff....

HINT: buy more than one meter.....as soon as your mates find out about it they will scrounge 'just an inch for this mate'.....
' oh can i use some of that tape to repair my .............'.....You have been warned! :lmao:

Last edited:

Dogoak

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2009
Cairngorms
Always good to hear of folks repairing things instead of just lobbing them out.
The spinnaker tape is good, I've a few repairs that have lasted years, patches inside and out. Another idea is McNett Gore-Tex repair kits/patches and they also do the Tenacious tape. Or, good old fashioned seam sealant. Whatever you use, make sure the area is clean before you start.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE