Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
DD hammocks 3x3m, great value for money. 3x3 Tarp review here (apologies for going off forum but BCUK blogs are not back yet) Should plenty of tarp reviews on here for browsing through.

Cheers,

Alan

PS no connection other than satisfied blah de blah....

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
If you're hammocking Gaz get at least a 3x3m if not bigger. If you're carrying it on your back look for a lightweight nylon version, but if you're in a canoe or camping near to your car then a polycotton model is nice to have. Hammocks tend to be about 2.5m long if not more, you need a good overhang with a tarp for when the rain's coming down sideways.
If you're on the deck then you can get away with something a lot smaller like an issue basha.

I have the aussie hootchie, DD 3x3, SOTP big tarp, Hennessy Hex and UK Issue lightweight basha, all good bits of kit.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi Gaz,

The set ups you saw Gerry and I with last night at Brownlee Pond I would suggest is the smallest you should go (DD 3x3m) . You need a 3 metre ridgeline or youll get wet.

Hope this helps

atb
John

Oct 5, 2009
Sheffield
Another one here with the 3x3 Decathlon Tarp, I just wish it had more tie points. I've started hanging mine between opposite diagonal points giving an effective length of around 4.25 metres. It means I have a greater overhang over the ends of my hammock and can have a fire closer to either end without it catching

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE