Planning Tarp

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Terry.m.

Forager
Dec 2, 2014
Kent
Silly question I guess,however does anyone
Put a tarp over a tent in this bad weather.?
I am taking both on a trip so it came
Into my mind as I want a fire/ cooking and so on..!
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Darryl of Sussex

SaraR

Mar 25, 2017
Ceredigion
Not needed over my tent(s) and difficult to attach securely but, if in a wooded area, I often set one up as an overhead shelter next to the tent (or when having a break) to give a more sheltered spot for sitting and for cooking. I tend to do mine at an angle to the tent, like them being two sides of a square.

What ever works for you is fine!

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Totally works. Not just for wet weather either. Seen here over my 3 berth Vango tent in Austria 2 years ago. 29+ degrees C. Tarp over the top creates a cooler airflow between the tent and the tarp..... more shade inside the tent as well.
cd4ffed2803aa082c165308e445f4cc7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

BigMonster

Sep 6, 2011
Manchester
Maybe not over the tent but over the entrance to create vestibule/living space. Best of both worlds setup: warm and protected sleeping area with good living space.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I use a tarp on it's own or as an additional covered space but never as protection for a tent; I trust my gear enough not to need that.

Here's my setup at the winter moot:

tarp & tent - 25.jpg

tarp & tent at night - 25.jpg

Attachments

• directors chair.jpg
    directors chair.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: crosslandkelly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE