Tarp wars; Attack of the Monk Clones

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
After seeing Bare Thrills Silnylon Monk tarp clone thread,http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=119147&highlight=monk+tarp

I wanted one for a long distance walk later in the year, so got busy making one .

This one is a little shorter than the one above at 2.8m.

225g with the stuff sack

Monk mode

Dayglo yellow Polyester webbing tie-outs with a reflective band for easier pitching in the dark.
1.1 oz Silnylon ripstop Nylon(woven from greased Eels)
Gutterman Mara thread, all double stitched.
200gsm coated Oxford for the tie-out reinforcements.

Thanks for looking. :)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
Thanks Rich mate :)

Either this one will ride of the my other one made from PU. Its the same weight but packs smaller.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
That's nowt to complain of weight wise :approve: and I know we like the OD but it's dull to wake up under, it's never really the real colour of the light, I think that grey's a good change, tbh.
Hope you've made a matching sized no see um for inside though; especially if you're going to do that walk :yikes:

atb,
M

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
That's nowt to complain of weight wise :approve: and I know we like the OD but it's dull to wake up under, it's never really the real colour of the light, I think that grey's a good change, tbh.
Hope you've made a matching sized no see um for inside though; especially if you're going to do that walk :yikes:

atb,
M

I'm fully expecting hideously suicidal quantities of midges, it can only get better than that. :)

Yep, a nice bit of midge netting from Pro-fabrics is on the project table. I'm actually hoping to monster through it with head nets, Wilmas and my beloved Autan but that's about as likely as finding a tree to tie my hammock to in Fisherfield forest.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I'm fully expecting hideously suicidal quantities of midges, it can only get better than that. :)

Yep, a nice bit of midge netting from Pro-fabrics is on the project table. I'm actually hoping to monster through it with head nets, Wilmas and my beloved Autan but that's about as likely as finding a tree to tie my hammock to in Fisherfield forest.

I've just bought the SMD Serenity net in the classifieds, not sure it'll work in the Trailstar but should work a treat in the DuoMid. That along with Wilmas, Avon SSS and a Beaton jacket I should be good to go, maybe some thin running/liner gloves too.

[video=youtube;FxIJHpD400g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxIJHpD400g[/video]

I've got this one too, but it's going to need some work on the net ..

http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/shelter-accessories/WB108.html

Bring on the midges :)

:mosquitos:

Last edited:

murpharoo

Jun 1, 2012
Worcestershire
Great job there !

My humble MYOG version....
90 g inc guylines

downloadfile-2.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE