Tarp Poles.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bizmarty

Tenderfoot
Jan 27, 2008
Under a Tree, UK
Hi Guys,

I'm new to using a tarp so please bear with me! I have a jungle hammock http://www.mosquitohammock.com/junglehammock.html

What I am looking for is 2 poles, maybe telescopic to adjust the height, that are small/light that I can take with me. I know you guys are going to say find some sticks and use them! But I'm thinking of a place like the Brecon Beacons where trees are few and far between. So the hammock will be on the ground and I need to put the tarp over it and therefore need the 2 poles to support the cord and tarp. I hope you understand what I mean!? Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Andy2112

On a new journey
Jan 4, 2007
West Midlands
Hi Bizmarty,

what about using some telescopic walking poles upside down so the spike goes through the eyelet on the tarp. Pick some up cheap at Aldi or the likes ??

irishlostboy

Nomad
Dec 3, 2007
Eire
ya, i use walking poles with my tarp. works fine with a little imaginitive paracord work and a few tent pegs.

that is a cool looking hammock by the way. a bit exspensive for my tastes though. worth the money i am sure. make sure it is a waterproof as it says before you commit to sleeping in it on the ground without a bivy bag.

godfather

Nomad
Oct 28, 2003
Hertfordshire
Tatonka have some poles called "Strange" I think. Them come in several sizes as well as telescopic versions but be prepared for the price shock!! I wanted a couple of poles to take with me to the beach so that we could use my tarp as a sun shelter.:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE