Tarp -help

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I want to buy a tarp can you guys suggest me one for about 30-40$ ?
What do you think about the UST base tube tarp?
Take in mind that , I am 1.92 meters in height so I need a good size tarp.

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Can't fault a DD tarp. I had one for years before my lovely house rearrangement. Found out the mrs gave it to my brother thinking it was for his camping kit, then he ebayed it for a tenner. Someone got a bargain so I'm buying another.

A 3m x 3m should be your minimum size, you'll get good coverage in either a diamond configuration or a square configuration.

Sent from my C6833 using Tapatalk

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Yeah, he's poorer than I am right now. He's just been through a divorce and she literally got 90% of the assets, and he has to pay maintenance for the first year because she's out of work. So I can understand why he can't pay.

Me, I'm unemployed right now, with some interviews lined up, and my mums paid for some of my stuff as a Christmas present...so yeah.

crosslandkelly

Jun 9, 2009
North West London
I want to buy a tarp can you guys suggest me one for about 30-40$ ?
What do you think about the UST base tube tarp?
Take in mind that , I am 1.92 meters in height so I need a good size tarp.

A DD 3mx3m tarp will be good for most situations, but I am unsure of price/availability in Georgia. A cheap plastic tarp will do a good job in the short term. Might be worth checking postage costs to you.
http://www.aboveandbeyond.co.uk/Pro...RkzU6AJbkIa-3hOUbI7UPh2yy_SnRTn80IaAsjd8P8HAQ
http://tarpaflex.co.uk/acatalog/Cam...c5BaayI6nWwimS_vlGX1yVdDZsmuMfahJcaAgTQ8P8HAQ

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
As nephelim says the DD is good value and very widely used in the UK. Their 3x3m tarp is a good size for general use.

http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/ddtarp_olive_green_3x3
058_zpsfd752b22.jpg

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Fair enough. I'd save for it personally. It would be the best buy you'll get. Mine lasted years before it got mistakenly sold.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
I dont ship anything directly to Georgia guys , I use a company which has an address in the US so all of my items are going there and than this company brings it in Georgia in 3-5 days , I pay 8$ for 1kg to this company.

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Is army surplus equipment available in Georgia? Over here you can pick up army tarpaulins, known as basha's, for a lot less than a DD.

Does the Georgian army use anything like that? Bit on the small side for me but the army get two full grown soldiers under them I'm told.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-British-Army-DPM-BASHA-Grade-1-/321940951595?nav=SEARCH

Wow no that a great deal , but I saw the measurements and I think 8ftx5ft will be too small for me, no?

nephilim

Settler
Jul 24, 2014
Bedfordshire
Wow that's actually pretty good for shipping to Georgia. I just tried to ship from the US to the UK and it would cost me $20...

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Well they are small but I'm 6'1 and never had any issues having somewhere to sleep. What you miss is somewhere to cook and store gear if it's raining hard. But it's what I used for a few years when I started out doing wild camping and bushcraft. Never got wet enough to put me off :).

Gcckoka

Settler
Nov 13, 2015
Georgia
Wow that's actually pretty good for shipping to Georgia. I just tried to ship from the US to the UK and it would cost me $20...

I think you didn't got the point :) I pay shipping for items which I order , like everyone does and after that I pay 8$ for 1kg to this company who brings from US to Georgia :) Oh and if the package is in a box than you are doomed , they measure boxes not by weight but by the actual dimensions and thats when you are paying whey more than 8$ for 1 kg (for ex. I pay 15$ if my shoes come in box :( )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE