?Taking pictures of smoke without the smell

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
I'd like to take some more pictures of smoke but without the smell.

I used a cigarette the first time and this produced a good amount of visible smoke but Higher Management was not best pleased with the stink (neither of us smoke cigarettes). Here is an example of the amount of smoke that I need:

P1020023.JPG

This picture is a bit blurred but you get the idea.

The advantage of using a cigarette was that the continuous production of a high volume of smoke meant I could continuously move it to get some fantastic patterns in the smoke.

I have tried using a candle, but as you have to put the candle out to get smoke it is nowhere near as flexible/good in terms of amount or longevity.

As it is a bit cold at the moment to be working in the garage I was hoping someone could suggest a better smelling alternative to a fag. And before anyone asks if I am a man or a mouse - my answer is, "eek, eek".

PS I also tried an incense stick and that was useless. Searching on the internet was hopeless too.

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Incense can vary alot in quality, try a brand like Nag Champa. Kicks off lots of smoke, more than a cigarette I'd say. Smells nice too :D

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Incense can vary alot in quality, try a brand like Nag Champa. Kicks off lots of smoke, more than a cigarette I'd say. Smells nice too :D

Haven't got a clue what brand of incense I used - somebody gave me a stick to try. I assumed it was all the same - not something I usually use.

So of the suggestions made, trying this brand (or at least different brands) of incense looks the most likely one to succeed indoors without incurring the wroth of Higher Management.

So thanks for the suggestions.

Last edited:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Ok - managed to buy a packet of Nag Champra cones today. Very promising. I tried it out tonight and it gives plenty of smoke. I need to work on how to get the patterns I want but a reasonable start.

A P1020296curved inverted.JPG

A P1020307 levelled invertred.JPG

So thanks for the help in keeping myself amused.:)

PS Higher Management hasn't complained yet either!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE