Swiss wool jumpers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Yep. I'm a long time customer. Already got that squared away. I'm buying, just gauging interest. If anyone is interested, they will be available at cost, but since Im buying 10 and 3 are already homed, there will be 7 up for grabs. They'll be on ebay too but cost will be up there to account for my time.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
... Already got that squared away. I'm buying, just gauging interest...

Oops ... Sorry, completely missed that you'd posted the thread in Group Buys and, instead, read it as if it were just a heads-up :eek: :sad6: .

There have been a couple of very successful GB's done with GISurplus over the past couple of years, don't be surprised if a member or two pop up with an eager 'Could you add _this / that / the other_ to the order?' ;) .

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Already ordered!.... I suppose that's not strictly how GBs are usually done but since it's not for profit as far as BCUK goes, I figured nobody would mind me posting on the GB forum. Cheapest I can find these elsewhere on the intergearnet is £30 so hopefully these will be a bit of a bargain....

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Thanks gents.... there is apparently an even mix of medium and large, one large and two mediums will be going straight off so i'll divy the remainder up in order of reply on here.... which means that should either of you decide to purchase, you're pretty well guaranteed your chosen size. They should be arriving tomorrow or Monday so I will update this thread with the results...

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Yes indeed! Sorry about recent radio silence..... picking them up today from my parents so stand by for an update this evening....

Virgil

Tenderfoot
Dec 30, 2010
East Sussex
Ok have taken delivery and yes, these are fantastic - really good quality though not quite as heavy as the Dachstein Austrian ones. If they had a higher collar then they would be a God amongst jumpers! Overall I am very pleased and might snaffle two myself. Composition is 70% wool and a 30 degree wash temp.Mediums seem to size up as they should and the large are length as expected but big in the body. Apparently swiss soldiers are human tanks. Large is a 23-24" pit to pit and 20" pit to sleeve. Medium is 21-22" pit to pit and 19" pit to sleeve. There is stretch in them. I am 6' 1 and very slim build - large is good length wise but swamps me in the body. I am going to look into the concept of boil washing one and seeing if I end up with a perfectly fitting dense bioled wool sweater. If anyone has had any experience or knowledge in this, let me know. PMs to follow and price is £16 plus whatever it costs to post to you, probably around 4-5 quid.

mereside

Nomad
Aug 21, 2010
hornsea
I am still in let me know how you want payment and will get it off, I am medium normally and sounds like this is also going to be medium, atb wayne

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE