Swiss Army Volcano Cooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
Right, as I've not had any indication that the other members of the group want to forward their deposits. I'm going to close the group buy now. I will be returning the monies to those who sent them to me later this week.

I'm sorry to those who sent the money in but frankly I'm glad that I didn't buy the cookers on spec hoping that those who had expressed an interest would come forward with their money.

Mods, please now close this thread. Thanks

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
I confess that after 3 months of waiting I completely missed the request for a deposit- sorry. There again I most certainly don't remember getting a PM. Check out the various other GBs I've been in. I'm one of the first to commit and to pay. I've no excuse other than the lack of momentum meant I missed it. My fault entirely, apologies.

Claudiasboris

Life Member
Feb 8, 2009
Sheffield
I have to echo the words of Widu13 and offer my apologies. I'm sorry that this didn't work out, but thanks for putting the work in Chris.

Claudiasboris

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
My position remains what it was - I'll be in if you need me.

Let me explain somethings, because there have been some bitter remarks because of the understandable disappointment.

First, I haven't posted on this thread because I thought it was locked - I remember distinctly seeing the padlock in the lower left-hand side of the screen as I read Chris' post in which he asked the mods to close this thread. I'm saying now what I wanted to say then, so we all understand the difficulties which Chris has been faced with.

When the supplier which we had hoped would supply the stoves fell through, I had discovered a German supplier. So I bought three stoves from them. I also spoke to a man about the possibilities of a group buy, and he seemed opened minded about it and very easy going. Later on, the same or next day, I spotted something else on the site I wanted to buy, so I called them again to see if I could put that item on the same order as the stoves I had ordered and save postage. It was about 18:15 in the evening. A woman answered the telephone, and all I could say was "I have just ordered some stoves from you...", when she interrupted me and said "All orders will processed and mailed the next day, have a nice day and thank you" and then slammed down the telephone.

The word "rude", among other words, comes to mind.

So I was not surprised when Chris told us he was having problems getting a reply from them - an easy going guy with a wife who had a rather narrow attitude to business is the picture I have of the company.

Hence after one delay, we were faced with another delay, and yes the GB lost momentum. So many people thought the GB had died a natural death.

I don't think it is right to blame anyone for this, certainly not Chris who had hung in there and in the end delivered the goods, whereas I would have given up on the German suppliers - out of anger if not out of rational reasons.

Nor the other group members who thought that the buy had died a natural death.

My position after buying the stoves - I needed them quickly - was that if you need someone to make up the final numbers I'd be in - btw, these stoves make excellent presents:) ! But I wasn't part of the core group of buyers since I had already bought some - so I waited to see if the others send in their money and whether I would be needed to "top up" the numbers.

So, I really do not think there is any need for bitterness - and this GB is only dead if you want it to be.

harryhaller

Settler
Dec 3, 2008
Bruxelles, Belgium
Pity it didn't work out.

Certainly is - the cooker is a gift at that price and it does the job.

I gave one to a couple who spend their holidays camping all over Europe - not bushcrafting, but like normal campers. They found it fantastic, makes a cuppa in a jiffy without messing around, no heavy "**kettle" nor an exorbitant price - well, I gave it to them didn't I, but at that price I could afford to.

Chris G

Settler
Mar 23, 2007
Cheshire
FishFish, the group buy is not going ahead. May I suggest that you contact Endicotts to purchase one of these cookers.

Cheers

Chris

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
CIMG0388.jpg

Dead heather makes for good fuel. Time for a cuppa at 1,700 feet on Hamildown Tor.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE