Swedish rucksack (military)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Daniel_sk

Feb 13, 2005
Slovakia
Hi all, this is my first post to this forum, so please let me introduce myself. My name's Daniel and I live in Slovakia, I'm 17 years old. We have here a beautiful nature, I like going to the woods with my friends. We are training survival in the nature and I am also playing military airsoft. I am collecting british army equipment.

So my question: We are planning a 3-4 day trip to the woods (in summer), and I don't have a suitable rucksack. I have read about the swedish army rucksack, that it is very good and very cheap. I found one on a slovakian army shop (www.usarmy.sk) for about Ł10. Here are the pictures:
swedish.jpg
swedish_.jpg

Is it enough big for such a trip? I don't like that it doesn't have any side pockets. Does it have a waist belt? How about the comfort? The frame isn't looking very comfortable...
And inside? Does it have any inside pockets? I will need to carry a manpack radio in it (RF-10), which is about 295 x 47 x 191 mm. Will it fit? And also, I have a Camelbak reservoir (from a Camelbak MULE), Is there a pocket for it?

If I would have the money, I would take something like the Sabre 60-100l or Berghaus Vulcan... But for now, I need a cheap and good rucksack.
Thanks for the answers.

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Daniel_sk said:
Hi all, this is my first post to this forum, so please let me introduce myself. My name's Daniel and I live in Slovakia, I'm 17 years old. We have here a beautiful nature, I like going to the woods with my friends. We are training survival in the nature and I am also playing military airsoft. I am collecting british army equipment.

So my question: We are planning a 3-4 day trip to the woods (in summer), and I don't have a suitable rucksack. I have read about the swedish army rucksack, that it is very good and very cheap. I found one on a slovakian army shop (www.usarmy.sk) for about Ł10. Here are the pictures:
swedish.jpg
swedish_.jpg

Is it enough big for such a trip? I don't like that it doesn't have any side pockets. Does it have a waist belt? How about the comfort? The frame isn't looking very comfortable...
And inside? Does it have any inside pockets? I will need to carry a manpack radio in it (RF-10), which is about 295 x 47 x 191 mm. Will it fit? And also, I have a Camelbak reservoir (from a Camelbak MULE), Is there a pocket for it?

If I would have the money, I would take something like the Sabre 60-100l or Berghaus Vulcan... But for now, I need a cheap and good rucksack.
Thanks for the answers.

Hi mate,
the 75 liter has a very good waist belt, I have the 35liter and the 75 liters and love them both. They are cheap and strong. The frame is strong and you can remove the sack and transport wood on it. It has a very big inside pocket. I don't know about getting the stuff in you where talking about but I am happy with both of them. I like the simple design and that you cant break him. I forgot to say that the 35 Liter has NO waist belt.

cheers
Abbe
:chill:

Daniel_sk

Feb 13, 2005
Slovakia
I found only the 40l (or 35l?) version. Do you know where I could buy the 75l version, and how much does it cost?
Could you post some pictures?

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Hi mate,
I forgot to tell you that the 75 liter has in fact side pockets.
Its really late now here I have to go to bed but tomorrow I am going to shoot some pictures of my sack and show them to you, ok?
I would buy them online if you dont find them in the shops.

the prices in sweden are around 350 SEK without the transport
I guess its something like 35 euro or????

see you tomorrow
cheers
Abbe

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
The sack is on 70 litres and is called LK70.
Designed by fjällräven made by haglöfs/sacci and has been used since the 60´s and are still in use.

Great pack unless you fall when skiing :nono:

Daniel_sk

Feb 13, 2005
Slovakia
Ok, that's exactly what I need. The radiostation I want to put in, is about 30cm's. That should fit...
Now I need to find out how to lead out the antenna out of the rucksack. I will make some pictures, may be you can tell me if it is possible.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE