Swedish bushcraft film :)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I've only just spotted the third video - downloading now.

Really informative - it's great to see how other people do things, and learn some new stuff as well.

Thanks Michel!

pumbaa

Settler
Jan 28, 2005
dorset
I have jsut started downloading the third video . I have watched the other two and dispite English being the only language i speak (much too my ignorance) i thouroughly enjoyed them . Keep them coming and i for one will keep watching
Cheers
Pumbaa

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
I used to have a couple of swedish "bushcraft" films, but my darling wife disposed of them saying they were discusting :p :rolleyes: :p

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
Number 4 in Michels survival series is on the go, he got home today after a very freezing night I have heard reports that it was about -18 tonight so it can be a interesting episode to see once he has edited it all =)

Viking

Settler
Oct 1, 2003
Sweden
www.nordicbushcraft.com
HuBBa said:
Heheh.. you mean when he stops shaking? :p

It's fairly insanely cold right now in Sweden. Hell it's Mars ***. I've even seen some of the birds starting to build nests. And it's -10 to -20?

It´s really strange that has got this cold in march, but I hope King Bore stays, with the sunny days and the snow the wether is just perfect to be out in =)

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Really enjoyed that, I look forward to watching the next 2 episodes tomorrow. It would be great to see more people getting out and doing some amateur bushcraft films, there's not alot of it on tv so it is upto us to open up the market.

How about some films by the BushcraftUK team or even just filming the demonstrations and tutorials at the bushmoots, would be good to get some footage of Mors Kochanski in action at the BushcraftUK meet this summer if he would allow it.

I just noticed this thread yesterday and so downloaded the movies last night. They played very well on all linux players.
These are some great movies! I particularly liked that full survival kit and proper clothing was described in detail, because a person never knows just what will come along. Little tricks like the bags between the socks and boot liners might be common practise in some places, but unknown to some people. Just that little trick could save some toes!
I sure haven't heard of anyone experimenting with a blood glucose meter, and so that sure breaks new ground, especially with the effects of spruce tea in raising blood sugar. Native people here would remove bark from trees and scrape the inner layer to use as food - so much along the same lines.
And I can see that I have to practise with my knife and quartz to get that good at fire making. I tried while on the beach today and found that the Murphey's knife (old Herter's design) which I've been using lately won't work despite being carbon steel, but I could get sparks from my hatchet. So I learned something very valuable!
Congratulations on producing some excellent videos, Michel. Apart from the great productions, the fact that you released them to the creative commons tells good things about you.

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
WOW, Glad I spent the time downloading the three movies and the recommended player so the subtitles would work (No3 in English so no subtitles required).

Michel, I am very impressed by your bushcraft skills and the quality of your film making, well done. :You_Rock_

P@ul

ArkAngel

Native
May 16, 2006
North Yorkshire
Just downloaded and watched them all....

Truly excellent films ,well made and very informative.

Keep up the good work, i look forward to watching more of your work soon.

Tutchi

Forager
Nov 15, 2005
Scotland
:)
Well done Michael. Was sitting shivering watching that. We have an old saying "You are a better man than me Gunga Din" and thats certainly true at that temperatures. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us. It is much appreciated.

Tutchi
:cool:

mark a.

Settler
Jul 25, 2005
Surrey
I do really like these. Keep them coming Michael! Although judging by your recent trend of being more extreme (going out with no food, then going out with no food and pretty much nothing else either) perhaps you'd better stop now before you go just that little bit too far!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE