Wanted Swedish army trangia OR Trangia triangle

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mervg

Dec 7, 2014
uk
Hi Mr Baggins. Thanks for responding again ! I have looked at the website and it looks very promising. They do have what I’m after. I will give it a while just in case someone comes up with one on here. Thanks again.

Mervg

Dec 7, 2014
uk
Hi Mr Erbswurst. I’m after the full kit.
I already have a trangia burner (not svea) so the pots & wind shield are the main bits I’m looking for.
Cheers

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
Yes, indeed!

Surplus shops sell them. During WW2 they made a pretty heavy stainless steel version because they saved aluminium for other things. These are pretty expensive because relatively rare.
Older versions have that additional cloth hanger hook. Because I never owned one I don't know exactly how they had been used and if it's sad that the newer versions don't have them.

Mervg

Dec 7, 2014
uk
Thanks guys, surplusand outdoors sell an aluminium (style) one grade 1 for £30 inc postage compared with floby...... in Sweden a stainless set (original) for £50.
I’m sure they will both do the same thing ???? Which one to go for ???
Decisions decisions!!!!!!

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If you are hiking probably aluminium, for canoeing stainless steel?

That's not China made.
The steel version is really heavy!

If you are out a lot it is possible to dig with a steel spoon through such a alumiminium mess kit within 10 years.
I did it with a German one.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
It´s so confusing when people aska bout swedish military trangia.
Do they mean this (which is messkit M/40):
02347xEK57Wn

Or this which IS trangia:
Trangia_osat.jpg

Because there is no such thing as swedish army trangia.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

Mervg

Dec 7, 2014
uk
Hi Herman30. Thanks for the pics. It’s the mess kit m40 I’m after. I agree there’s not an army trangia, it seems to be a generic term.

ScottE

Nomad
Mar 22, 2017
Norfolk
I have a stainless m40 mess kit I’d sell, all there and in decent condition, tough as boots, the windshield appears nearly new.
Windshield, both pans in stainless, military Trangia with crowns stamped underneath, Trangia fuel bottle.
Are you local to Norfolk at all? Be best to have a look...

Reactions: Erbswurst

Mervg

Dec 7, 2014
uk
Hi. Definitely interested, just what I’m looking for . Nowhere near I’m afraid, I’m in West Midlands but obviously would pay for postage.
Could you pm some pics and asking price please. Cheers
Merv

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
I also think about buying one.

Would you please tell me the exact weight without fuel bottle and the volumes of pot and pan-lid?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE