Swedish Army Trangia Stove....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
Brize Norton / Midlands (rest)
Swedish Army Trangia Stove....

This offer is a genuine, pre-Christmas goodwill gesture, please take it in the Xmas spirit.

OK, I have a spare Swedish Army Trangia, Aluminium pots, that I would like to pass on. I have been keeping this as a spare since getting a stainless steel SAT kit.

The kit comprises of a Windshield (slightly blushed from heat)

Aluminium deep pot

Aluminium shallow pot/lid

Swedish army burner

Burner cap (threaded cap)

Polyethylene fuel bottle (original, about 250 ml)

This Swedish Army Cooker has been used a little by me.... and the windshield is showing signs of flame blushing..

This is FREE !! to a deserving cause, just post 'I want it' in this thread, and it's yours.... I will pay the postage (UK only), I just wanna spread the love..

First 'Wanna' post in this thread gets it, but please, only ask if you really want, not just cos its free.... (jesus is watching).

Last edited:

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
received the swedish trangia set today.
only one slight problem with it........... you sent an extra spare burner with it!! If this is a mistake i'll happily send it back asap. if not then it will go in the spares drawer.
my middle son is very happy because he now has the same cooker as his older brother :)
cheers nigel for this very kind gesture.

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
received the swedish trangia set today.
only one slight problem with it........... you sent an extra spare burner with it!! If this is a mistake i'll happily send it back asap. if not then it will go in the spares drawer.
my middle son is very happy because he now has the same cooker as his older brother :)
cheers nigel for this very kind gesture.
Not a mistake, actually the reason for the slight delay..... When I checked the burner, prior to packing, I found that burner cap had very small cracks at the lower edge of the rim (rubber sealed, so won't leak anyway).

I had another burner in my locker at work, so had to wait to go in and get that, as I'm working off site at the moment. The simmer ring is from the civvy Trangia, not a perfect fit, but it works.

I use a Tatonka stainless burner with my stainless Swedish Army kit, so the 2 brass burners were surplus to my requirements.

Good solid kit, Hope you enjoy - I still use mine whenever I get chance, and if you use small plastic bottles, you can cram an impressive amount of extra kit in the big pot, such as olive oil, soy sauce, washing up liquid, scourer, plastic spork, Trangia pot grip, lighting firesteel, etc. Mine is like a Tardis inside.

Last edited:

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
I'd not come across the Tatonka burner until I read your post. Looks pretty good on their website:

http://intranet.tatonka.com/infosys/infocgi/artinfoe.dll?4126_Alcohol_Burner&0

I might try and get one. How does it compare with a civi trangia burner, lighter, faster?

It's stainless steel, about the same diameter as the civvy burner, but taller, so holds more fuel, which is why I bought it.

There's a good comparison somewhere in this forum comparing the Tatonka against both the civvy and military Trangia burners, and the Tatonka fared very well.

For some reason, it seems to prime quicker than the others, but I have got into the habit of 'spilling' a little meths into the groove around the flange of a Trangia type burner, and this helps the burner get to a primed state quicker.

Lakeland Bushcraft is a popular source for the Tatonka stainless gear, amongst other useful stuff.

nige7whit

Forager
Feb 10, 2009
I'd not come across the Tatonka burner until I read your post. Looks pretty good on their website:

http://intranet.tatonka.com/infosys/infocgi/artinfoe.dll?4126_Alcohol_Burner&0

I might try and get one. How does it compare with a civi trangia burner, lighter, faster?

Here's the review I had in mind... Very good comparison of several common meths burners.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33469

Included in the test is the small Vargo Triad burner...

I have another Vargo design, the Decagon, and typical of these small Titanium burners, is the fact that they don't hold much meths - A full fuel burn will boil 500ml, but not a full litre, something to bear in mind, depends on your cooking/ heating needs.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE