Sweden fishing.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Aug 19, 2010
Leeds
I`m heading to Kvikkjokk in a couple of weeks and am thinking of packing a small spinning rod with a few lures. I know I can obtain a permit from the mountain lodge in Kvikkjokk, but wondering, once purchased can you fish anywhere in Sweden. I wont be going too far from Kvikkjokk and i`m also heading into Sarek (which i know there is no fishing in). Of course i shall have a word with the warden at the hut, but just wondered if it is worth taking the rod in the first place.
I am not a fisherman, so any help and advise would be grateful, from what lures to, what I expect to catch (if any) etc.
Cheers in advance.
Jimmy

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Fishing licenses are local in Sweden. That is, you pay a fee to some local authority (generally landowners) for permission to fish in their waters. Sometimes that is jut one small lake, sometimes that is "just about any waters controlled by a huge forestry company". I think that coastal fishing (from land?) with a rod is free, as it is some other places (e.g. Lake Storsjön here in Jämtland).

Aug 19, 2010
Leeds
Cheers for the advise guys.
My pack is pretty heavy with 2 weeks worth of food and equipment. Just wondering if it would be worth while taking a rod as well.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE