SWAP self feed stove

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Hi Fellas I have for swaps one of my self feed alcohol stoves un used ready to go I am looking to swap it for a hand forged fire steel striker kit maybe one small enough to fit in a small Altoids tin if anyone as one to trade let me know ATB Phil.

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Im about 75% sure I have such a set and I would love that stove.

Im not home until tomorrow, so if it hasnt gone by then and I can find it I will post pics up and see if its what you are after.

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Right I have found it and I was mistaken, it's not hand forged. If thats not an issue let me know and I will post pics.

Otherwise

I know where I can get my hands on a hand forged striker in the next couple days and put together a set and throw in some home made pine pitch.

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Right I have found it and I was mistaken, it's not hand forged. If thats not an issue let me know and I will post pics.

Otherwise

I know where I can get my hands on a hand forged striker in the next couple days and put together a set and throw in some home made pine pitch.
still interested as long as it works like it should pic would be cool would not mind waiting few days though for the hand forged one

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England

Thats the one I have, but TBH I don't think its a good enough trade for such a nice stove.

Give me a couple days and I will put a nicer kit together with a hand forged one. I will throw in some cramp ball and make a leather draw string pouch too.

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands

Thats the one I have, but TBH I don't think its a good enough trade for such a nice stove.

Give me a couple days and I will put a nicer kit together with a hand forged one. I will throw in some cramp ball and make a leather draw string pouch too.
wooow ok thank you very much that would be awesome cheers ATB Phil.

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England
Just waiting on the striker.

I have tried to keep it as small as possible, the tinder/kindling includes Birch Bark, Artist Conk, Cramp Ball (needs a little more drying), Dryer Lint, Reed Mace, Coffee Stirer, Jute/Sisal, Char Cloth and Pine Pitch. You can fit around 4 or 5 of the tinder/kindling bags in at once which accounts for around 6-8 different tinders/kindling at any one time.... But my thought was that you would find which ones you like and probably just carry a larger amount of that.

I hope this is what you had in mind.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Just waiting on the striker.

I have tried to keep it as small as possible, the tinder/kindling includes Birch Bark, Artist Conk, Cramp Ball (needs a little more drying), Dryer Lint, Reed Mace, Coffee Stirer, Jute/Sisal, Char Cloth and Pine Pitch. You can fit around 4 or 5 of the tinder/kindling bags in at once which accounts for around 6-8 different tinders/kindling at any one time.... But my thought was that you would find which ones you like and probably just carry a larger amount of that.

I hope this is what you had in mind.

I saw these wee stoves first time round I think that's a fair swap I Really like this wee stove wouldn't mind owning one myself

ValeTudoGuy

Nomad
Mar 8, 2017
Preston, England

Ok so I just got my hands on the striker.

Just bear in mind that these dont throw sparks like a ferro rod, the sparks are easier to see in a darker room rather than direct light.

They take some technique practice, it's certainly something I havent mastered yet.

If you hare happy with this just let me know and PM your details and I will get it posted off for you in the morning as Im just out to work now.

If it's not to your liking I won't be offended.

All the best

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands

Ok so I just got my hands on the striker.

Just bear in mind that these dont throw sparks like a ferro rod, the sparks are easier to see in a darker room rather than direct light.

They take some technique practice, it's certainly something I havent mastered yet.

If you hare happy with this just let me know and PM your details and I will get it posted off for you in the morning as Im just out to work now.

If it's not to your liking I won't be offended.

All the best
Hi thank you so much that's exactly what i wanted that's just awesome just hope the stove is to your liking thank you fella ATB PM SENT

Last edited:

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
ValeTudoGuy / Flint and striker came today I am over the moon with it thank you very much for a great trade cheers ATB Phil.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE