Swanndri rover/mosgeil

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Eyup folks....quandry....I've both, and one may have to go :eek:
Just can't decide. I've had my rover years and my mosgeil less than a year. One time I rarely had the rover off my back, but I've not worn it for nearly a year. The mosy, I've barely worn, other than a soot of moochin/lampin, pub an the odd meet. Just can't make my mind up.....plus the rover even though has the odd thin patch, is kiwi made, an the mosy is chinese made. Will the mosy, wear time and use like my rover has ???
Your thoughts , experiences welcomed.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
My Mosgeil zip up is about 8 years old and still like new. Lovely and warm, spark safe, noiseless, hradwearing and surprisingly good in the rain. Not sure where it was made back then but I'm not getting rid of it ever.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I find my mosy generally too warm, yet not very wind resistant. I bought it 2nd hand, and was told its never been washed, yet I don't find it as water resistant as I'd expected.

Have you ever treated yours?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
No, I bought it from new so know not been washed but I would get the old Nikwax out if it's performance dropped off. I remember reading someone on here saying they had done so to an old one. Windproofing isn't amazing sure but better than my bushshirt. I don't mind this though as it's my forest coat not my moorland coat.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE