swanndri ranger shirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
being the proud owner of a hooded bush shirt i was wondering if there is much difference between that and the ranger , ie length wise etc and cooler for summer months, any comments please

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
The ranger shirts are lighter and shorter than the hooded types. The ranger style is more of a proper shirt than an overshirt.

Hope this helps.

al

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 18, 2003
kent
thanks, i know what they look like , just wondered about differences in size n lenght etc

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Can't compare the two, and only have this winter's experience of the Ranger shirt but I've mostly worn the Ranger under my coat. I presume as things get a bit warmer I'll do without the coat. So far I reckon it's a replacement for an ordinary fleece.

Stuart

Sep 12, 2003
They are very different items

the hooded bush shirt is 3/4 length with a hood, drawstring neck and has a lineing

the Ranger shirt is of a shirt format (1/2 length) with a scooped tail (its longer at the back to prevent it riding up out of your trousers and exposing your kidneys) it is of a thinner construction and has no lining, no Hood and a 3/4 leanth brass zipper at the front

Jack

Oct 1, 2003
Dorset
Worn mine all winter in the woodlands, haven't needed to wear coat this season.

That are wonderful, they are light bloomin warm and tough. I actually even wear it indoors.........we have a cold house!

bushblade

Nomad
Jul 5, 2003
West Yorkshire
www.bushblade.co.uk
Also the bush shirts are made of felted wool rather than woven wool like the ranger shirts.

There is also a version of the bush shirt available without the hood (still has the drawsring collar). And there used to be a version of this shirt that is the same length as the Ranger shirt too, I have one that I picked up on ebay almost 2 years ago brand new for just under £40 :-D
But I have not seen them available anywhere else since. Which is a shame as this length can be worn under a shell layer (pefect under a single layer ventile smock).

Fit wise, the sizes are very close. The sleaves on the bush shirts are wider than the Ranger.

Hope that helps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE