Swanndri Original Hooded Bushshirt

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Swanndri Original Hooded Bushshirt for sale, Olive, Medium (fits me with a t-shirt and shirt underneath and I am a 42" chest), in excellent used condition - selling due to lack of recent use. Made in New Zealand before they switched production to China. Well cared for and hand washed adding baby oil (lanolin) to maintain water resistance and stop the 'scratchiness' you sometimes get with wool garments. Asking £65, which includes P&P. PayPal preferred.

Swanndri001.jpg

Swanndri002.jpg

Swanndri003.jpg

Swanndri004.jpg

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
Hi Aaron. I actually just received one of the zip-up bushshirts recently, otherwise would've been interested in yours! Can I be cheeky, and ask how you've washed yours/ looked after it? I was going to use some NikWax PolarTec, but am intrigued by your mentioned use of baby oil. I'd really appreciate some info on how weatherproof yours is, how much baby oil you use when washing, how you wash it, etc. Thanks in advance

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Hi Aaron. I actually just received one of the zip-up bushshirts recently, otherwise would've been interested in yours! Can I be cheeky, and ask how you've washed yours/ looked after it? I was going to use some NikWax PolarTec, but am intrigued by your mentioned use of baby oil. I'd really appreciate some info on how weatherproof yours is, how much baby oil you use when washing, how you wash it, etc. Thanks in advance

I'm pretty sure there was a thread on this a while back as quite a few people asked the same question. With the Swannis, they have a 'proprietary' treatment at the factory and say that you should return the jacket if you want it reproofing. Not that easy if you don't live in NZ, though.

As it's made of wool, the natural oils on the wool aid in water repellency; lanolin replaces these oils when they've been washed out. However, I could also do with some advice on how to actually wash the jacket in the first place.

tommy the cat

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 6, 2007
SHROPSHIRE UK
Hopefully Toddy will be along to fill you in but in brief Lanolin available from Boots melted in microwave and then added to wet garment will try to find my previous post (or hers!) Works a treat although it does leave a slightly greasy feel to the garment but does not bother me.
D

javi

Forager
Nov 4, 2008
Hampton
Thanks for the reply Tommy - does the lanolin treatment preserve the breathability of the fabric as well as maintaining weatherproofing? Also sounds like this belongs in a separate thread so apologies to Aaron if it looks like I've hijacked your classifieds thread - not my intention...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE