Swanndri Mosgiel EXTREME XXL Wanted

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Hi,

I have a Ranger shirt with the extreme lining - love it ( no itching! ).

Having delayed ( as usual ) put in order for Mosgiel Extreme - to find importer found they didnt sell and has delisted! None of my usual excellent sources can get hold of one in 2XL size Olive.

Looking for new or vgc secondhand olive Swanndri Mosgiel Extreme - anyone on here have one they wih to part with or can direct me to a stockist?

Oakleaf

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
That got confusing Chopper - you hit on my 'alter ego' name - wondered for a second whaaa? :)

The 'real Andrew' - thanks for response - a couple of members had PM'd me to say you were likely best source.

If anyone comes across one, please let me know.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Oakleaf said:
Hi,

Mosgiel Extreme - in 2XL size Olive.

Looking for new or vgc secondhand olive Swanndri Mosgiel Extreme - anyone on here have one they wih to part with or can direct me to a stockist?

Oakleaf
I got an Olive Mosgiel in febuary from a local farm supplies/agri merchant. If you can comfirm the "Extreme" description, (as I've only seen it associated with the Ranger Shirts) I can see if they have any more or if they'd post your way, if thats what you're after.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Thank you guys.

By 'Extreme' I mean the model with the hydro etc etc lining - usually comes without hood. Instead of the grey wool mix inner it has a shiney black liner in the body and sleeves.

Tracked one on Aussie Ebay - looking into hows and whys of possibly goinmg that route. No reply as yet from Swanndri NZ.

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Fingers crossed sorted.

Relative in australia found one on Ebay Oz - which doesnt come up on UK searches. Seller hasnt done UK postage before and a bit windy - but as fall back can post to my relative over there etc etc.

Aus Dollar standing at $2.3 to the pound, so cost of new jacket was under £95. Just have to see how the post and possible tax/ duty stack up now.

Thank you to all who responded. If anyone else in same boat, the Australian seller was outdoor_pleasure. Ebay UK search can be very ropey, only found after quoting specifc item number ( c/o relative ) in advance search option.

Just hope I can get it smokey and warn out enough not to damage my bushcred at the upcoming First aid course! :eek:

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Mosgiel Extreme from Outdoor_pleasure c/o big sister in Adelaide arrived last week.

Very pleased - surprisingly light compared to standard Mosgeil - material feels softer/ finer?

Of course you could tell I'd got it - blazing sunshine every day since! :eek:

On a side note- quest was started in large part because normal Swanndri kit just itches me too much. Reading last night, I found mention that adding Olive Oil - about one table spoon to the wash greatly reduces the itching of this type of wool garment. Anyone any experience of this?

Not entirely convinced of effect on washing machine!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE