Svord Peasant Orange Only

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jon,

my knife hasn't arrived yet and was wondering if there's been a delay of sorts at your end? Hey I'm not complaining just dying to get my hands on the knife! I've been down south with work and have been phoning home every day to ask my good lady if the knife has arrived yet but it hasn't!

w00dsmoke

saddler

Forager
Jun 16, 2009
Haddington, Scotland
Jon,

my knife hasn't arrived yet and was wondering if there's been a delay of sorts at your end? Hey I'm not complaining just dying to get my hands on the knife! I've been down south with work and have been phoning home every day to ask my good lady if the knife has arrived yet but it hasn't!

w00dsmoke

It was mailed out on the 8th - so very surprised its not there!!

It may be dropping onto your doormat in a day or two - as I am having similar reports from other parts of the UK - though yours is the slowest I know of

Most knives sent on the 8th arrived next day or a couple of days after

Royal Mail say to wait 15 days!! As if...

Jon

Hey Jon,

these things happen but it's a real pain in the aXX! If it doesn't arrive I'd love to buy another off you if you have any going?

Man I'm gagging to touch the earth again and play with a new sharp! I'm stuck in a Brummie airport waiting in the dep lounge for a delayed plane up to Scotland! The joys of technology! Too many days of fluffy touchy feely 9am to 10pm training in the middle of the burbs and my colleagues think I'm weird for getting up at 5.30 to leave the hotel to walk in the fields and touch the earth and listen to the trees again!

WS

It was mailed out on the 8th - so very surprised its not there!!

It may be dropping onto your doormat in a day or two - as I am having similar reports from other parts of the UK - though yours is the slowest I know of

Most knives sent on the 8th arrived next day or a couple of days after

Royal Mail say to wait 15 days!! As if...

Jon

saddler

Forager
Jun 16, 2009
Haddington, Scotland
IF it's lost I can claim from Royal Mail & send another that way...

I'll dig out the receipts tonight & locate the one for your Peasant

The day yours went I sent 55 knives...

Jon

Last edited:

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Arrived home late last night and opened my package, a pair of V V good lookin' knives fell out. One is now in its 'rapidboy' sheath which suits it perfectly. Love the handle colour, I certainly will not loose this in a hurry. Thank you saddler!

Swyn.

Any chance of seeing you peasant in its Rapidboy sheath? It's always a pleasure to see his work and might give some of us lesser mortals a bit of inspiration.

Cheers,

M

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
Hi BigM.

I tried for an hour the other day to post a picture as this really does look good.:confused:

I read the thread too on 'how' to post a picture. I found no easy method and thus failed miserably:(

I'm waiting for foamy glue to set at present, as I'm sticking 8' x 4' insulation board to the childrens bedrooms, so have ten minutes to write but not try pictures! If anyone would care to offer help I'd be very gratefull! I'm on a 'mac mini' system not a pc.

Sorry......Swyn.

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Mine has arrived. Thanks for all the hard work getting this GB finished off. Much appreciated.

I must say the one I have has a different blade profile at the tip of the blade with no real point to the blade and a less consistent grind along the edge. I'm pretty sure this is the luck of the draw and variations in hand finished knives are perfectly normal, but this looks sufficiently different to have drawn my curiosity. I'll post a comparison with one from an earlier Danzo GB. Also using the photos on the Svord site as a reference of sorts. The original one looks right, the orange one doesn't really, to me anyway.

Chris

Last edited:

mayfly

Life Member
May 25, 2005
Switzerland
Couple of comparison pics. Blue one is ground as I would expect, Orange one a bit odd. Anyone else get this at all?

4200082987_d12f43dfe3.jpg

4200087983_e67f9c8e62.jpg

Last edited:

BigM

Forager
Jul 2, 2009
The West
Guess what just dropped in the letter box. Two orange Peasants! They look great and heading out now to do some carving.

Thanks to saddler for organizing once again.

M

Well Jon, sorry to say that no knife has arrived yet...
I know it's not quite 15 days yet since posting but I'd be very surprised if it arrived now, it's a real shame with all the hard work you've gone into organising this and then having to deal with crap like this esp at this time of year.

How many other folk have been let down by Royal Mail?

Can I just buy another off you and paypal you the money if you have a knife spare and if you can be bothered claiming off Royal Mail for a lost knife then just keep any comp for yourself, by heck you deserve it.

WS

saddler

Forager
Jun 16, 2009
Haddington, Scotland
Hi WS

I have arranged for a 2nd knife to be sent your way - but this one will go "signed for" to hopefully make sure it don't vanish into the ether like the 1st one!!

I'll claim on the RM service for the missing package

Cheers

Jon

Ratbag

Subscriber
Aug 10, 2005
Barnsley
Couple of comparison pics. Blue one is ground as I would expect, Orange one a bit odd. Anyone else get this at all?

4200082987_d12f43dfe3.jpg

4200087983_e67f9c8e62.jpg

Both of mine are the same as your orange one - not coming to a pointy point. I might grind the top edge down to drop the point, which should sort the problem out. If these were expensive knives I might have a grumble, but for what we paid it's just more of a .... project :D

Rat

Hi WS

I have arranged for a 2nd knife to be sent your way - but this one will go "signed for" to hopefully make sure it don't vanish into the ether like the 1st one!!

I'll claim on the RM service for the missing package

Cheers

Jon

Thankyou Jon. You are an absolute gent. I'd hate to see you out of pocket Jon so let me sort you out through Paypal. When you claim anything back use the money towards your previous postage expenses and hassle. :You_Rock_ And have a cool yule!

WS

swyn

Life Member
Nov 24, 2004
Eastwards!
I would like to say that this Svord is truly a superb little tool!

We have been using it when feeding time comes around to cut the string on hay bales and big roly poly straw bales. As the weather is cold, most of the time we are wearing stockmans gloves which usually means that one has to come off to open a 'folder'.
With the Svord this is not so, The size makes for easy location in a pocket and the tail allows quick opening and thus nearly instant operation. The colour too, means that if dropped it is easily spotted in the debris!
My Rapidboy sheath will be used during the summer when many layers of clothing are not 'de rigeur'!

Swyn.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Would anybody have a phone number for Jon ?, if so please PM me.
A few people still haven't received knives from the other part of this buy over on British Blades and we are trying to contact him.

yarrowfarm

Apr 24, 2009
Hampshire
Mine was supposedly posted November 2009. I never received it and all my pm's were ignored!

I had to write it off as a bad lot. The good news is that now Heinnies have them for sale at a lower price...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE