Svord Mini Peasant Spalted Alder

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Hi all

Up for offer is a custom Mini Svord Peasant with Spalted Alder handle, brass spacer in the spine and 4mm brass pins. The original tensioning screw is retained so the friction can be adjusted as needed. The wood is book matched so you can see the grain continues through the handle, which I like when I can achieve it.
Great little blades and hold a good edge and are classed as UK legal carry as the blade is under 3" and non-locking.
This is the second of three of these I am making from the wood I have.
Just a note. The spine of the blade sits slightly proud of the handle as can be seen. It does not effect the use in any way, but felt I needed to mention it.

9a839f8820496e4f8b44db52b08fc6b4_zpse10f7c33.jpg

3296b2b1d0a18ece9467be345ca3bb93_zps3e499981.jpg

9133c4330cbf285d76b45c329275a20b_zps3795ea49.jpg

dbf40476e3effe0b3de80a0e6a264723_zps57b5ddd8.jpg

(I'm not the best photographer but am trying)

The Spalted Alder is a very soft wood so this has been treated in wood hardener to toughen and seal the wood. it was soaked for a week and dried for another. This has soaked right through and created a really tough finish (very much like stabilised wood).

I'm asking SPF to your door, which will include signed for postage and Paypal fees all in.

Thanks for looking :)

PM if you are interested and post on thread too.

Last edited:

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Hi Albus,

About to send you a PM but will take the Svord if still for sale.

Thanks,

Dan.

All yours fella :)

Another beauty there mate. If I find a banker to mug, then I'll send you a pm...

:) thanks :)

I do like these spalted ones. But that buffalo one you had has a solid feel you cannot get from wood. Blumming hard work to shape tho. I'd like to do more of them but just take so much longer to do.
These spalted need hardening too so up the work as well. I should go back to plain wood :)

Hastur

Tenderfoot
May 7, 2012
North West, England
Hi Mate,

My Svord has just arrived (excellent service) and all I can say is wow, the use of the wood, the finish and the whole feel of it is beyond anything I expected.

The knife will now become my main user when out for the day foraging etc ...

Thanks,

Dan.

Albus Culter

Maker
Jan 14, 2013
West Yorkshire
Cheers Dan for the kind words

The Alder has a stunning grain and works well. I'm glad it suits you and look forward to seeing it in action soon. I hope it serves you well for many years :)

Hi Mate,

My Svord has just arrived (excellent service) and all I can say is wow, the use of the wood, the finish and the whole feel of it is beyond anything I expected.

The knife will now become my main user when out for the day foraging etc ...

Thanks,

Dan.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE