Suunto appalling customer service !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
Suunto appalling customer service.
Ive had a Suunto Vector watch for a few years now and it suits me well whilst canoeing, being in the mountains etc. A few weeks ago the plastic bezel fell off and I've since lost it. I contact Suunto who stated I had to send it back. I didn't really agree with this, but sent it off anyway.
Cost estimation comes back from Suunto....87 euro to replace the bezel !
Bearing in mind that it is a very simple plastic snap on bezel which my 5 year old son could fit, I think 87 euro is a tad expensive !
I contacted the so called Suunto helpdesk who basically said tough. When I asked her who to complain to she stated, ' me ' !
I am now fuming with Suunto. I don't have a problem with having to pay but this is just a blatant rip off.

Any advice.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
For a snap on bezel ? and that's the Helpdesk's response ?
:(
So not good.

I'd put your complaint in writing, including the unhelpful 'help' desk response, and get on line and find a manager's name. Send it addressed to him or her.

I'd be more than tempted to tell them to send your watch back to you, it seems to function fine without 87 euros being spent on it ....and then tell them that you'll put the money towards buying a watch with a recommended better service :(

Damned shame that this is how they've dealt with a simple problem.

cheers,
Toddy

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I don't use facebook or twitter myself but apparently, more and more companies are using 3rd parties to scan the web for mentions of their name, in particular looking for people complaining. BT actually contact the complainants and publicly offer to sort out the issues.

It might well be worth bad mouthing Suunto in as many places as possible, to try to get a similar resolution.

On the subject of who to complain to; just ask to speak to their manager or supervisor and if that fails; contact the company direct via post.

R.B.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
I too have had major issues with sunto, bezel has fallen off my vector. Want to return it but as I am a sales rep and I dont have a place of work for them to collect from they want £8 to collect from my house.

I phoned their help desk and got a similar response, baisically tough!

Very difficult company to deal with!

Ash

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
I'm not questioning your experiences, but I find it odd that Suunto are behaving so poorly, as their diving instruments seem to get very good responses on customer services.

Paullyfuzz

Sep 28, 2007
Manchester
I'm not questioning your experiences, but I find it odd that Suunto are behaving so poorly, as their diving instruments seem to get very good responses on customer services.

I know what you mean and I thought I was in for the same kind of service, but alas not .

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Suunto are on Facebook, but ya can't post anything.

You don't have to post it on Suunto's FB page. You can post a complaint on your own page. As long as you mention their name the companies scanning program will pick it up and they'll contact you to try to eliminate the bad publicity. At least that's the theory; it assumes they are actively scanning for negative publicity.

atross

Nomad
Sep 22, 2006
London
Tried the twitter, they responded to my tweet by telling me to return it to a retailer. Responded telling them that the independant retailers find them difficult to deal with and who would they recomend. Havent had a response

backwoodsman

Nomad
Jan 22, 2007
lincolshire
i thought suunto were very good,! if its an internal thing i.e. software problem i have heard they get a delivery guy to pick up and its back in the week all free. Maybe different for cosmetic damage.
I got a battery for life thing from Thimpsons the other month but when the guy was putting the battery cover back on he damaged the lugs on my old suunto, so when i went up in an areoplane the back popped of a tiny bit and it switched of.
Took it back to them and as it could not be repaired, old design, i got a check for £265!!!!! im now sporting a very nice core military off amazon for £180,, quids in!!!

S

suuntolistens

Hi everyone,

At Suunto we do take our customer service very seriously and I'm sorry to hear you've had bad experiences. I've been in touch with @Paulfuzzy and we'll try and sort this out. The 87 euros covers a new bezel, repair, shipping to and from Finland and testing, as we test all products for water and make sure everything's alright. I agree 87 euros is a lot of money, but in return you get a watch which is almost as good as new.

At Suunto we do monitor what is being said about us, but not only for bad publicity. It is also so that we can participate in the discussion and to see what our customers think about us. It is actually possible to post on our Facebook wall (unlike someone thought), so please feel free to take part in the conversation that way!

You can also find is on Twitter (@suunto_moves and @suuntolistens).

Best regards,

Aku from Suunto (www.twitter.com/akuvaramaki)

This is looking better!

is it all they have done is confirm the price is still 87euros ;) which was the original beef

that said i pay £25 to have a battery changed in my Watch (Not suunto) which I'm happy with cause i know when i go diving with it again it wont flood at 40 m (or at 5m which is more likely ) as its done by the UK watch smith with all the correct seals lubs and proper pressure testing to check its right (twice and an extra long 5m test as i actually dive with mine ;) )

ATB

Duncan

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
He shoots.............He Scores!!!!;)

I told you dint I?!:rolleyes: big brother really is watching you!:theyareon

You'd think Aku, might sort it our for free, as a "goodwill gesture" mind you;)

I think that would score many, many "brownie points" on here and elsewhere:35:

best wishes

R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE