Sussex/Kent Group Meet - (13?)/14/15 May @ Forgewood, Danegate (Nr Tunbridge Wells)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
I'm happy to say that Forgewood have said we can meet there again for our May get-together! Will see if we can book space away from the main camping areas this time...

Neil will be teaching there on the weekend of 14/15 May, so we can tie the dates together and he can join in a bit.

Same venue as per our meet in April - http://www.forgewoodcamping.co.uk/gettingthere.html

Can you please confirm your interest below and I would like final numbers by 12 May if possible. Copy the full list, adding your name at the bottom.

If for any reason you find out you can't make it at the last minute, please PM to let me know).

1) Nova & Pinky
2)
3)
4)
5)

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
Can definitely do the night of the 13th and the night of the 14th but will have to head off (very) early the Sunday morning. Which also means I'll have been lazy and taken the car there rather than walking in from Sunny Tunny.

So :

1) Nova & Pinky
2) DaveWL
3)
4)
5)

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
1) Nova & Pinky
2) DaveWL
3) Kep (poss +2) - again im afraid depends on working commitments
4)
5)

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've foolishly agreed to accompany Mrs DHD on a cycle sportive that weekend. Not at all sure that was a good idea. Ah well - maybe June then!

Thanks anyway.

1) Nova & Pinky
2) DaveWL
4)
5)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
1) Nova & Pinky
2) DaveWL
4) Neumo (with new BMBH Hammock)
5)

Should be great with a private location and Neil teaching. Cant wait and it will be first sleep out in my new bridge hammock, which I tried for the first time today and it was great.

DaveWL

Forager
Mar 13, 2011
Cheshire, UK
The forgewood site says they're doing the bushcraft lessons every Saturday. Any idea on the cost if we fancy joining in with Neil's lesson?

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
As per my email, i can make it for both will even get the train down if i have to! although if im lucky i will be arriving late on the friday cause it will mean i have found a job and am coming after work, knowing my luck, i'll be there very early.

1) Nova & Pinky
2) DaveWL
5) TJRoots
6)
7)
8)
9)

Graywolf

Nomad
May 21, 2005
Whereever I lay my Hat
Nova and Pinky,Hope u dont mind another one tagging along,maybe two as my 12 year old daughter has just asked me if she could come.

1) Nova & Pinky
2) DaveWL
5) TJRoots
6)Clayton + 12 year old Daughter
7)
8)
9)

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
You will enjoy it as we have a nice small group building there, with lots to do. The campsite is good & if we have the same weather we had last time it will be wonderful. It will be good to meet some more local bushcrafters

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
communal meal sounds good, wonder if they'd let us shoot one of the dear on the estate? then we could have that for a communal meal! now wouldnt that be nice!

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Am still waiting for confirmation that the rate will be the same as last time.
Shall we aim for the communal meal on saturday night? Esp if we can pre-book meat?

Sounds good to me, i'll let you know asap if it's just me or me +2

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Communal meal sounds good, as we should aim to get our group cooking up to the same level I have seen in the pics of other meets. We can reserve some of those ribs again but will need some more grill area to cook them on as my GB folding grill only holds 1 pack. I will bring along my big 2' diameter grill if one of us has not picked up one of those Lauditch grills by then (I am tempted).

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i will be coming allong too

1) Nova & Pinky
2) DaveWL
5) TJRoots
6)Clayton + 12 year old Daughter
7)peter_t
8)
9)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE