Surplus and Adventure Sticky?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Contact your credit card company and pass it on to the fraud department, also look at taking out a summons against them. Anyone with problems should also report it to the local Trading Standards department.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
it has become absolutely clear that any person shopping with Surplus and Adventure must either be an imbecile or have never had heard of them hence not know their reputation, well done to everybody who has suffered at their hands to come forward to warn other folks of potential problems, HEED THOSE WARNINGS from other members, personally i prefer to shop elsewhere and not have to worry about chasing them up at all.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2008
Dartmoor
Reading this thread it would seem that the name this trader is becoming blurred. It's quite important so that search engines can pick up this thread (and so innocent companies aren't blamed) that one refers to surplus and adventure.

Typing something like - never trade with surplus and adventure ( surplusandadventure ) is far more useful than referring to armsurplus, or as the representative cleverly did 'armysurplusuk'.

:)

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
Reading this thread it would seem that the name this trader is becoming blurred. It's quite important so that search engines can pick up this thread -- never trade with surplus and adventure ( surplusandadventure )

:)

good point dartmoor navigator, i have edited my post above to show correct name to warn others

it has become absolutely clear that any person shopping with Surplus and Adventure must either be an imbecile or have never had heard of them hence not know their reputation, well done to everybody who has suffered at their hands to come forward to warn other folks of potential problems, HEED THOSE WARNINGS from other members, personally i prefer to shop elsewhere and not have to worry about chasing them up at all.

I don't think I'm an imbecile - just an innocent party ordering goods online, who had no idea of the terrible reputation of this company . I would never have ordered from a company with such terrible business practices had I known. How can they continue to operate in this way and get away with it?? 10 weeks after placing my original order, I have now received a refund cheque, which I am waiting to see whether it will be honoured. This was not achieved without a huge amount of posting reviews on sites such as this, badgering constantly, and not taking no for an answer. Thank you Pete from ArmySurplusUK for intervening too (although I don't know what your involvement is in the organisation) I have been dealing with Nikki@surplusandadventure.com, whose involvement I also don't know. I have made reports to Worcester Trading Standards, Citizens Advice and BBC Watchdog in the meantime. PLEASE EVERYONE spread the word.

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=95060&p=1145852&highlight=#post1145852

Further to this thread after notifying them to cancel my order and refund me ..nothing, absolutely nothing in the way of a refund, weeks passed and not a Dicky bird.
My Dear Wife then got in touch by e mail and demanded either a refund or a re-instatement of the order, the pack arrived yesterday !!! Three days after the demand and about 6 months after the original order.
Never again will I use them.

presterjohn

Settler
Apr 13, 2011
United Kingdom
Well this thread was a surprise. I live in Worcester and occasionally pop into the shop (which is on a small trading estate). I noticed it was closed this morning at 09.30 and still closed at 12.30. I came on hear to see if they were still trading or not. The last time I went in about a month ago I noticed that stock levels were down considerably and actual surplus stuff was very much in the minority of what they now seem to sell. I have to say the staff have always been quite friendly but the place is always empty of customers and they don't seem to get much fresh stuff in.

As a business they do have a slightly struggling feel to them. I was hoping to be a regular customer when they first opened but they never seem to get the cool stuff in like the Surplus rucksacks and mess kits etc so I usually end up getting my stuff from Military Mart on line or occasionally in person at Harpers Bazaar in Malvern. With the price of petrol these days its not economic to travel to far for surplus kit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE