Surplus and Adventure Sticky?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Thank you, I quite agree, the thread should be about customer problems and as I said when I first posted on the forum my offer is still there for any customer who is unable to resolve his or her complaint by phone or email.
I was going to suggest that a friend (someone I was at university with, who now runs an Internet security company) might take a look at the forums defences, but as you say why would anyone want to hack the forum. There is another possible way that the posts were made but let's get back to the original purpose of the thread!
Ok, obviously you've missed something here, Shelly suggests that You obviously don't get what I'm saying to I should inculcate rather than go with my immediate reaction of just banning you, I'll highlight the key bits just one more time of the post made right before yours.

Tony, the site Admin and owner says:
I'll leave this thread open for now so that the actual issue of sorting out peoples purchases can be accomplished, if there's any more talk of someone else did this or that, the sites been hacked, etc etc, I'll ban the account, ban the IP's and do all the other stuff I can do and leave this for everyone to read including google.

Everyone, please now keep to the issue of items that need refunding, replacing etc and do not wander off anywhere else, I really have had enough of this one, thanks.

I am being left in total frustration by this company. Today is day 7 of constant calling and still not one reply to any of my email. (Except the one about a payment issue I had at the start. Funny how that was rectified in under an hour!!!) This company is a ruse, they lie about what they have in stock, they take your money and then they just ignore you. One of my items was a birthday present for my dad and as I'm a student I have very little money and couldn't afford to buy another one that would actually arrive in time. So on my dads birthday I had to explain why there was no gift and how I can't even contact them to ask when and if it will turn up! I am so angry I made the mistake of using this joke of a store.

I have had appalling service from this company. I had to track the guy down just to get somebody to email me a response to the complaint I've had for weeks now!! I have now been told in a rather offensive email that totally ignored every complaint and request for an answer I made. They "think" they "might" get a delivery from their supplier next week with my item and then "might" be able to send out the order I paid for a 3-5 day delivery on. I am so angry at the terrible way I have been treated. The staff are rude (If you do ever get through on the phone) and uncaring, hanging up to get rid of you. I have never had a worse customer experience in my life and I'm now gathering evidence for my complaint with trading standards.

Honestly I didn't think a business could exist run so badly! It beggars belief these rouges! To anyone who may be thinking of using them. DO NOT RISK IT!

Just to update people on what kind of service you can expect from this company. I have just gotten through on the phone after a week and a half of trying and asked to speak to a manager. I was informed nobody was in charge today and to ring back tomorrow... to which I stated after taking this long to get through I want to have my complaint heard today, I was upfront and honest about how I am recording everything for my dispute with trading standards and was advised to record all correspondence, this included the phonecalls to which the lady I spoke to freaked out and told me what I was doing was illegal. (No its not...) and to not ring again. She then hung up on me and my three subsequent calls even when I said "if I don't record it will you actually help me out?" (Why they won't is beyond me. As a business owner myself having it recorded that I can deal with complaints swiftly and politely is a good thing in my eyes.)

Then told me they are not-obliged to deal with me anymore because of this dispute!!! So because I've complained they are refusing to help me. I am so mad at this company, absolute shambles of customer service. I have no idea if my issue will ever be resolved!

They are now ignoring me again.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Good_Link.gif

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
Last edited:

udamiano

On a new journey
If goods were purchased using a credit card I would start an official complaint trough your credit card agency. if paid by other methods, then raise a complaint to your bank.

I would then file a 7 day notice through the courts for the cost of the goods plus admin costs, then serve this via registered post. this can all be done easily online

A complaint via the office of fair trading, with a further complaint for breach of the sales and supply contract within reasonable time scales would also follow.

At all these processes a record of costs would be kept to add to the original served notice.

I will be following all these up thank you if my issue is not resolved. Currently Pete is showing some effort to resolve this however I am still awaiting any response from the admin team. She was so rude on the phone it was unreal, laughed when I said I had a complaint! I have been informed to wait for a response from the admin (Via email as they still won't phone me) about why the product was listed as in stock when it wasn't. I have doubts they'll even email me personally,

Of course we're now into May and the "Imminent" delivery of my purchase has not arrived. I have not even had a reply back to the message I sent a week ago asking what date the delivery would be! I am now being ignored totally again and can't help but feel this delivery was fictional and they were just fobbing me off to buy time.

Honestly gob smacked at how terrible this company is. They have effectively mugged me!

If I don't get a reply today I am tempted to drive up to their store and demand to speak to somebody face to face to collect my refund. I will be go that way next week and I'm sick of being ignored and lied too! Disgraceful.

NetFrog

Forager
Jul 17, 2011
Scotland
Hoping for the best but I bought some kit from this company in MAY and it has still not arrived. I have sent multiple emails and not had a single reply, and I have phoned their sales team who passed the buck on. I wish I had seen this thread first.

Anyone else had problems recently?

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
It is due to seeing this thread a few weeks back that an order for some kit went to one of their competitors even though the end cost was a little greater to me.
It is easy to get a bad name in business, hard to get a good one and I like to treat my customers as I would like to be treated...simples ;)

Vulpes

Nomad
Nov 30, 2011
Cahulawassee River, Kent
This thread has also diverted my custom. I knew S&A were bad years ago, but this thread has been the coup de gras. So glad I didn't lose any of my money to them. Thanks BCUK folk!

Hi,
We have a new store manager at Surplus and Adventure and have been making some big changes to try and improve the way we deal with delivery problems, out of stock items and refunds. One of the main changes is to reduce our product range from nearly 5,000 items to a more manageable level, as all items have to be put 'out of stock' manually, because that is how the shopping cart was setup. We are hoping to get changes made to the cart to automate stock control.
Our admin department should respond to emails within 48 hours - http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/home/customer-service/contact-us.html and I will reply to PM's from this board, usually the same day.
If you have problems contact our admin department then please PM me as I can usually deal with any queries the same day!
We will continue to make improvements and would like to welcome any forum members back with an offer of 10% off future purchases by using our new 'loyalty card' which can be found at - http://www.surplusandadventure.com/shop/home/loyalty.html
Regards,
Pete.

Last edited:
Sorry Pete - It doesn't seem to be working! Surplus and Adventure took £76.80 from my credit card account on 21 June 2012, and seven weeks later I have still not had any delivery. I have now cancelled my order, but received NO REFUND - This terrible practice has been going on for years - see various posts on reviewcentre.com; ripoffreport.com; and all these threads on bushcraftuk. I have been in touch with your admin department almost daily over the past two weeks, and am constantly getting fobbed off, but stilll not had the money you have taken from me back. What can you do about it? I wish I had never had any dealings with the company

Sorry Pete - It doesn't seem to be working! Surplus and Adventure took £76.80 from my credit card account on 21 June 2012, and seven weeks later I have still not had any delivery. I have now cancelled my order, but received NO REFUND - This terrible practice has been going on for years - see various posts on reviewcentre.com; ripoffreport.com; and all these threads on bushcraftuk. I have been in touch with your admin department almost daily over the past two weeks, and am constantly getting fobbed off, but stilll not had the money you have taken from me back. What can you do about it? I wish I had never had any dealings with the company
This is to Pete - ArmySurplusUK - who contacted me by PM a few days ago - I have now been fobbed off for 9 weeks and counting - Money taken off my credit card, no goods received and no refund- constant promises, lots of excuses, and .......NOTHING - I wonder what the definition of online fraud is?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE