sunny afternoon up the permission (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
So yesterday i managed to convince my mum to babysit Jake for me so i could get some woods time before i went completely stir crazy
so off to the permission i went taking my newly decorated Rugged River pack with me
P5250156.jpg

The permission is absolutely covered in jack by the hedge
P5250157.jpg

there is also a lot of these Arum's lurking about
P5250158.jpg

and some with black spots on them too,
P5250159.jpg

Fair bit of Cleavers (sp?) around too
P5250160.jpg

And of course the ever present and suprisingly useful stinging nettle
P5250161.jpg

Pete's wind break/mini shelter looks a little different now
P5250162.jpg

in comparison to last time we were up there
P2120348.jpg

i cleared Pete's wee shelter by adding it to my woodpile
P5250166.jpg

This is my finnish gas mask bag that i am currently playing with as a kind of ditty bag to hold all the random gubbins i take with me it fits nicely in the RR pack preventing everything from hiding in corners
P5250168.jpg

firelite appeared shortly after this and we had a good natter and nose at each others kit before getting the kettle on
P5250178.jpg

i used a lighter to light the fire this time i hope certain folk notice this :)
P5250180.jpg

Aftera few brews and a bit of a natter firelite had to head off so i cracked on with some classes from BCUSA's bushclasses
P5250184.jpg

stopping often to ensure i was sufficiently hydrated and relaxed
P5250185.jpg

a shot of the assorted sharps i took with me
P5250187.jpg

some were taken as i always take them, some as i haven't had a chance to use them properly and one to review
This will hopefully become a netting needle once i finish it off, however it was good practice to refamiliarise myself with some finer axe work
P5250200.jpg

some better shots of my rugged river wilderness explorer pack
P5250203.jpg

P5250204.jpg

P5250205.jpg

All too soon it was time for me to head home on my way out of the woods i spotted this funky looking wee bug
P5250213.jpg

not sure what it is but it looked pretty groovey
waving good bye to the permission
P5250220.jpg

definitely different to the last time i got up there
P2110309.jpg

and a nice view as i wandered home of the road surrounded by greenary and sunshine
P5250223.jpg

And to top a great afternoon in the woods off we had pie and chips from the chip shop for tea so a great afternoon

Thanks for looking and coming with me

Last edited:

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
looks like a great afternoon out mate and im glad youve had your fix. Shame you wont be at the rough close meet but hope you enjoy the boys birthday. Hope all the Taniths are well.

NS40

Nomad
Nov 20, 2011
Scotland
Great pics, a day well spent by the looks of it...

I'm not long back indoors and it's just fueling my notion to get back out again:)

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
Good to see you out, again!
Hope your green battery is a little recharged now.

Winter certainly has its ways to alter the scenery, doesn't it?

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Thanks for sharing that. Nice pics. Looks like a great time was had.

I'll just add that the 'funky wee bug' is a leafhopper, Cercopis vulnerata.

Barn owl yup buck canoe-like it very much does all i want in a pocket knife and a few things i should know better like trimming small barnches off trees, carving pot hooks and so on. so impressed i got another canoe type pocket knife as a birthday present great wee knife

Northsky nope the Svord came with the grind when i traded it, nice knife as well

Jacko drop me a line sometime through here and e will see what we can arrange mate ;)

Rob yeah nice pack aint it :) badges add a certain individuality to it

Harvetsman thanks for the name

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE