Summary Of Responses On Adding Further Weapons To The Offensive Weapons Order

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

clgladiator

Oct 24, 2007
East Sussex / Hampshire
this IMO is just a sneaky way to being able to bring in total knife and edged tools legislation through the back door. By saying by stopped the use of swords (doesnt matter that few are used to commit crimes) however all these criminals are now using *insert term here* lets ban these instead.

We have gun legislation but gun crime is on the increase.

More people are stabbed with their own knives than by someone elses.

and why just samurai swords? surely all swords replicas or not are just as dangerous. the cheap copies which they want to ban are also not sharp and are made from such poor metal will not hold and edge and will probably snap if you stabbed some one. Id rather batter someone to death with the scabbard.

exped.equip.

Sep 30, 2007
Glos.
When i grew up as with most on this forum we lived in a place that did have rights and wrongs.We had fooball and all sorts of other sports that were not linked in any way to politics.Now it seems politics control everything we do or have to do in our daily lives including our spare/leisure time on here !!!! We live in a changing world/Britain and the way we thought and were taught seems to be part of history.If the government want this law on certain swords there is little to nothing that we can do about it. The only thing to do then is to vote Bernie into parliament to make sure our hobby/interest is safe in the future !!!!!!!!

waylander

May 9, 2006
Co.Durham - Consett
What party is he with, now that im old enough to vote I need to start looking into parties which suit me. To the mods sorry im not trying to make this pollitical, or at least any more than it allready is, and wont discuss it I just want to know the party he is with.

ForgeCorvus

Nomad
Oct 27, 2007
norfolk
I did not say perfect sword, I said perfect cutting weapon, because of its design, which is obvously replecated into the cheap knock offs. You can get other swords, (cavalry sabres of certain types) that have the same design features, but are not sold for about £100 or less online. More importantly, every wannbe nutter, who has ever watched a Quentin Tarrentino movie does not want one.
Ahh, you mean a perfect slicing weapon, well anything with that sort of long gentle curve natrally slices.
Katana have the same kind of 'cred' as your basic " 9 " has to mister badass

It is going to be very interesting to see how this develops, for example is a WWII sword, geniune or knock off?
It depends on weather its a 1908 pattern or not (the last britsh sword pattern to see active service )

-Switch-

Settler
Jan 16, 2006
Still stuck in Nothingtown...
I think we've gone a long way away from the FACTS of the survey.....
Only 274 people were consulted, and 85% of them were AGAINST any ban....
Nuff said..

85% of the individuals surveyed were against the ban. 4 of those individuals represented 140,000 members of the various police forces around the UK, as Martyn pointed out in his post on the second page of the thread.

140,000 against the remaining 200-odd draws a clear-cut conclusion as far as MP's are concerned.

It was a forgone conclusion from the start I'm afraid. If you ask 200 individual organisations a question about law, and one of those organisations represents every major police force in the country, then you're going to have to go with what that 'individual' says.

And do you honestly think that if every man, woman and child in the country were asked their opinions that the outcome would be any different?
It's a sad conclusion to draw from it all but I think it was inevitable.

I read about this proposed ban when it was first mentioned on British Blades months ago and I emailed the people concerned (I forget the name) to voice my opinions as to why I opposed the ban, as did many other BB members. I also wrote to my MP (Anne Widdecombe, for Maidstone and The Weald) about the issue, but unfortunately recieved no reply.

sharp88

Settler
Aug 18, 2006
Kent
below is a link from 2005 you decide what will be next

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4581871.stm

bernie

:why: :confused: :cussing: Knives are supposed to be pointy! THERE KNIVES! There are some serious sissies out there. You can't stop people from killing each other, because thats what humans do - we'v been doing it as a species for a very long time. Even if you got rid of knives completely, people, criminals, crooks, etc would start making shivs from metal sources. Theres no point in going so far, you cant stop killings and someone will always find someway to make a weapon of some sort.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk
:why: :confused: :cussing: Knives are supposed to be pointy! THERE KNIVES! There are some serious sissies out there. You can't stop people from killing each other, because thats what humans do - we'v been doing it as a species for a very long time. Even if you got rid of knives completely, people, criminals, crooks, etc would start making shivs from metal sources. Theres no point in going so far, you cant stop killings and someone will always find someway to make a weapon of some sort.

we all no what your saying is the truth,but it wont win you an election,so some things got to go

bernie

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
Our political state nowadays is due to the career politicians we have now. The trouble is, when people select polititcs as a career per se, then they will do anything they perceive as popularist to keep their job. They don't give a rat's **** about the people or country- just keeping their pathetic jobs. This requires popularity, and thus the knee jerk reactions to media fuelled frenzies. Sadly, I don't see this changing..

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
Ahh, you mean a perfect slicing weapon, well anything with that sort of long gentle curve natrally slices.

I belive the curve has the effect of giving least area to the cut so delivering all of the power to that small area. This is why even the cheap and nasty ones are so dangerous.

It depends on weather its a 1908 pattern or not (the last britsh sword pattern to see active service )

I actual meant the Japanese WWII sword, because I think it was the first time they were mass produced.

Is the 1908 sword, not the perfect sword, they finally cracked the problem of a cutting and stabbing weapon, at the same time as they cracked the machine gun, so making it next to useless.

Don't know if anyone has looked but ...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/1280406.stm

... the ban would have come into play a lot sooner, but it was a LibDem member.

What happened was everybody with an interest went wait a minute, they went after swords, and got these cheap and nasty rip offs. But they now have a law in place, which can be changed by a Judge. It is much easier to change a law than create one. Look what happened to lock knifes, that is not law, that is a Judge's opinion, which is being challenged, but until then they are classed as fixed blades. It is about fear, do you want a criminal record, do you trust British justice, and have you got the money to fight it and buy it.

But anyway, thank goodness I can still go on a psychotic rampage with one of these ...

http://www.swordsdirect.com/swordofthedaywalker.html

... not a samurai sword so can still buy it :nana:

They will be next, you wait and see. Although, my money is on crossbows next, or at the very least a massive tighting on the law around them.

Our political state nowadays is due to the career politicians we have now. The trouble is, when people select polititcs as a career per se, then they will do anything they perceive as popularist to keep their job. They don't give a rat's **** about the people or country- just keeping their pathetic jobs. This requires popularity, and thus the knee jerk reactions to media fuelled frenzies. Sadly, I don't see this changing..

The thing that worries me, and has done for a while is that without a media face, you are dead in the water, in british politics. They did not get samarai swords full stop, because of the fencing groups. They got guns because everyone stood back and let them. Is Ray going to step up for knives, another stab at them has to be coming soon, and only the celebrity cheifs stopped it last time. People keep taking about axes, who would stand for them?

Here is the thing when it comes to banning, said this to a fisherman, as he laughed about the up coming ban on fox hunting, your next. He laughed and said there are too many of us. I pointed out that some of the most powerful people in the country fox hunt, and they lost because people did not stand with them, and for them. What started almost straight after the ban, that fishing was bad for rivers, and fish. Have you ever seen a story that points out the good job the Royals do of controlling their land, or is it all about how evil they are for killing animals.

May 12, 2007
Derby, UK
www.berax.co.uk

well if they do ban them i might be able to earn a few bob on the black market ;)

bernie

Cairodel

Nomad
Nov 15, 2004
Cairo, Egypt.
What started almost straight after the ban, that fishing was bad for rivers, and fish. Have you ever seen a story that points out the good job the Royals do of controlling their land, or is it all about how evil they are for killing animals.

Yep, next thing to be banned will be hooks...... 'cos they cause fish pain for a fraction
of a second, whether you're gonna eat them, or not.....:rolleyes: :lmao: :lmao: :banghead:

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
I think they should ban all sharp things they really are very dangerous objects to have around, swords and knives and axes and sissors and especially them staples now they are the worst of all.

BOD

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
The education system has failed; the familiy is neutered; there is little sense of community responsibility left.

They won't admit these social policies have eroded personal responsibility and morality.

Now they have a constituency trained to expect the state to do everything and to protect them.

They don't have the nerve to undo the mess so they tinker and create an illusion of positive action to make you safe.

Good luck

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
Bring back corporal punishment I say, who are we to argue with thousands of years of precedent ;) While we're at it bring back the pillory too, how many would re-offend after getting pelted in public (probably with half-empty Irn Bru bottles up here :lmao:)

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
looks like the criminals are taking it setiously as yesterday in Hampshire a pair robbed a shop and got away

they had upgraded and used a crowbar to wack 2 people and an axe to threaten 2 coppers
obviously avoiding the now shunned shiny wall Queen Samuri swords

on a lighter note

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,29389-2304912,00.html

This article points out what is wrong with our law makers. They are going to up the time for carrying a knife for no good reason. How are they even going to catch those people? How about treating all weapon crime the same, you use a weapon, you go down for a long time. Makes sense, and gets the right people off the street.

This is what makes this change in the law stupid, they were already breaking the law, but no one could catch them, so they have made it a higher offence, and a particular weapon harder to get hold off. Net effect, they use something else, but still commit the violent crime they were going to any way.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
I think they should ban all sharp things they really are very dangerous objects to have around, swords and knives and axes and sissors and especially them staples now they are the worst of all.

Dont forget that most dangerous and prolific cause of more injuries than any other cutting implement. Fact it causes more cuts and injuries in the work place than any other office equipment:eek:

PAPER

That will be next mark my words, we will hear things like "he was brandishing a large A4 sheet, I was terrified".:werd:

lets face it no matter what the government bans, scrotes will find a weapon to threaten people with. will they ban Golf, Baseball, Hammers, Crow bars?

They need to stop banning tools (not weapons as knives, axes and even swords are tools) and start to crack down on the scum that do the crime. But that would mean the over crowded prisons would be even more over crowded, they need to take a vastly tougher line, but conditions in prison are better than some hotels (yes I have seen inside & no not as an offender) :banghead: :banghead: I am going to shut up before Really rant on about this prison, court, law, police, government system it so Blo:soapbox: :soapbox: :cussing: ....mmmmhhmm:tapedshut

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE