Suggestions for good all round BC knife please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

willpower

Oct 4, 2010
Dorset
Hi, can anyone recommend a decent all round bush craft knife that doesn't cost a fortune but still looks good? Currently using one of the cheap 10 quid Moras which does the job ok but has a horrible rubber handle and just,well, looks a bit naff! Budget is about £50 max, cheers!

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
For £50, buy five more Moras and get over the feel of the handle.
They are the standard by which all other knives are measured - simple, effective, great value, easy to sharpen and maintain and if you loose one, it doesn't break your bank or your heart!

ATB

Ogri the trog

PS, you could always start making your own - though in the long run, it would cost a lot more than £50!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
For £50, buy five more Moras and get over the feel of the handle.
They are the standard by which all other knives are measured - simple, effective, great value, easy to sharpen and maintain and if you loose one, it doesn't break your bank or your heart!

ATB

Ogri the trog

PS, you could always start making your own - though in the long run, it would cost a lot more than £50!

Plus for that - or you could buy a stick tang Mora and rehandle it yourself :)

willpower

Oct 4, 2010
Dorset
Ha ha knew I'd get bit of flak for vain remarks about the Moras! Just figure if it is something I am going to use a lot then why not have something that feels good.

Those Tamarack ones look pretty well priced, cheers

slasha9

Forager
Nov 28, 2004
Cannock
woodlife.ning.com
IF you are working to a budget (and who ISN'T?) then I can recommend one of THESE from Hennies (mine is the lowest picture of the three, the Plainsman) They are very much like a Mora (slim blade, secondary bevel) and I love mine! I thought that it was lost then I cleared out the spare room and found it deliberately hidden by the (ex)wife. Many fond memories, as an added bonus I used it one one of those cheap Karrimor firesteels that Sports Direct are knocking out for £3 and it was like a napalm airstrike! I actually set fire to the hair on my leg (that'll teach ME to wear shorts!) and I was really surprised because I have never seen that level of sparks from this steel before. Now I have on of the firesteel attached to the sheath with ranger bands.

Anyway I digress, it's a great knife for a decent price and it's something different if you want to use something other than a Mora for a change.

As usual, no connection yadda yadda
HTH

Sean

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE