suggestion, geocaching

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
How about we start up a geoaching system for BCUK users.

caches containing bushcrafty items in popular areas such as dartmoor.

What do you think guys?

FreddyFish

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Frome, Somerset, UK
I like the idea, not sure if it would take off, but it would be nice if it did. We could have only bushcrafty swops, charcloth, fire steel, cramp balls, stuff like that. No McDonalds toys.

We could have a bushie geocaching room and then a series of sub folders on here to keep them exclusive and off geocaching.com.

Like this;

Bushie Geocaching
-----South West
----------Heart of Dartmoor: Wells (then the cache details for the first post followed by the visit log)
-----South East
-----Central
-----North West
-----etc etc...

Zingmo

Eardstapa
Jan 4, 2010
S. Staffs
I was just thinking about this the other day. I found an old broken sledge hammer and considered concealing it somewhere and posting the coords on here. There are loads of items which have little value to anyone but a 'crafter: old files, empty lynx cans, trouser leg bags, lumps of flint - the list goes on and on. The caches would have to be quite large.

Would I be allowed to pass on my growing number of wonky spoons?!

Z

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
well for the majority of bushcrafters, there are maybe a few hundred locations we go to and there are thousands of BCUK users on here every day, all it takes is for the first couple to be placed and get interested and it will grow with the beauty of the exponential snowball effect :)

its not exactly an expensive concept (considering how much some of us pay for our gear)

if it dosnt take off then all we have lost is a bit of time, we can even colect the caches back up, not much to lose by trying :)

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Definitely an idea worth trying.. I'm just getting into it myself but it's great fun and will be a great pastime for my wee girl when she's a bit older (I hope!)

Will watch this threat with interest....

ATB

KP

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE