SUFFOLK BUSHCRAFT GROUP - 2 NIGHT MEET: 7 – 9 FEBRUARY 2020

• Hey Guest, We've had to cancel our 2020 Summer BushMoot PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information.

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
Suffolk Bushcraft Group is an Adult group for those interested in Bushcraft and survival techniques, with access to a 10 Acre mixed Woodland in the South West of Suffolk near to Bury St Edmunds.

Our location is very quiet, secluded and lends itself to wild camping in Hammocks, Tents or Tarps within natural woodland. Access is about 1 Mile from a road and only accessible by foot across mixed terrain.

We meet on a Friday pm and finish about midday on the Sunday.

FACILITIES
The Communal Area has roof shelter, a fire pit with a concrete base and facilities for open fire cooking.

Wood can be gathered from around the site, Dead Wood only to be used. No green wood cutting allowed.

You will require your own food, water, cooking utensils, suitable clothing, camping equipment, seating etc. for the weekend.

COST

· Adults - Up to two nights £15 per person - Please bring the correct amount.

NEW TO OUR LOCATION - ADULTS 18+ - BY ARRANGEMENT ONLY

· Initial meet & greet will be at Compasses Pub, Stansfield, Sudbury, Suffolk, CO10 8LN.

VEHICLE ACCESS AND PARKING – Attendees will be advised on parking at meet & greet.

BEHAVIOUR
Our meets are good natured and light hearted with safety in mind. We aim to continue with self-regulation, if it does not, then any offending person/s will be asked to leave immediately.

DRINKING
You are welcome to bring your own alcohol; we ask that you drink responsibly so as not to disturb the peace and tranquillity of the venue and spoil the enjoyment of others. Care should be exercised around fires; however, drinking is usually reserved for end of day/evening with knives, axes and craft tools stored away.

HOUSEKEEPING
There is NO Facility to leave rubbish on site or at the farm, please bring a Rubbish Bag for your waste and take it home; You Carry In – You Carry Out.
Personal Hygiene - please bring your own Hygiene kits (toilet roll etc.)

For more detail’s login to our Facebook page

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020
Cambridge
Hi Amjake, I have just joined the site and live in Cambridge. I am interested in this meet and was going to send you a message but I cannot see how I do this. I would like to chat further about this meet up.

Thank you

Tim

Jan 16, 2020
Cambridge
I am not on Facebook, hence joining this website. I do not see the point of having a web forum if everyone only uses Facebook!

amjake

Sep 10, 2013
Suffolk
I am not on Facebook, hence joining this website. I do not see the point of having a web forum if everyone only uses Facebook!
Tim,
It is unfortunate that you do not use Facebook and have yet to master the intracacies of this website, however, you can PM me in the following way;
1. Click on 'amjake' in my profile (in blue)
2. Click 'Start a conversation' this will then PM me and I will respond.
Kevin

Reactions: crosslandkelly
Jan 16, 2020
Cambridge
Hi Kevin,

I have tried this before but when I click on your profile there is no option to start a conversation! Maybe I have to get permission or do a certain amount of posts before I can PM.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Kev and I will be doing a sausage and mash group meal on the Saturday evening.

List of attendees to date.
1. Kevin - Fri & Sa
2. Trevor - Fri & Sat (I will make it, I will...)
3. Andy - Fri & Sat
4.Colin - Friday and Saturday.
5 JD F&S
6. John - Fri & Sat.

Last edited: