suede desert type boots

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
Hi guys,
This is a bit sad i know but many years ago in the survival aids catalogue there were some desert boots that were ankle height, and looked a bit like This but made all of leather same sole tho.
Does anyone know if they are still avalable?
They were commonly worn around the pubs in the Shot.

cheers
louis

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
Just had trouble finding a decent pair of dessies at a decent price. The ones I have ended up with have no decent tread on the sole, so I am still looking myself. They usually turn up in most shoe shops, but I haven't found any since my last pair disintergrated underfoot :( Quality is very variable and price seems to have little to do with quality. They are the comfiest shoes/boots I have ever worn.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
lou1661 said:
Hi guys,
This is a bit sad i know but many years ago in the survival aids catalogue there were some desert boots that were ankle height, and looked a bit like This but made all of leather same sole tho.
Does anyone know if they are still avalable?

cheers
louis

Are yes even though I was officially a civi, with ‘shot sandals you could sometimes get in the Para bar opposite that bike shop!

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
lou1661 said:

:D

Have you tried the good ole fashioned surplus stores, especially around the 'Shot?? They usually still have them, though being replaced by the modern equivilant more and more. I'm sure I've seen them in a store in Camden Market, London.

Mar 21, 2006
Isle of Wight
If you really want a great desert boot, go for the Magnum desert boots. They are soooooooooo comfy and you just can not break them. Prices vary from £49 - £65 depending where you get them from. You will not be disappointed and the price is for new, not secondhand boots with little tread!!
Any Magnum supplier should be able to get them for you.
PS; these are actually supplied to the Military, so will take some serious abuse. I have a pair myself and they get used regularly in the field and rough getting kicked about. You will not be dissappointed!!

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
I did look at Magnums but i was looking for something lower ie. not high leg.
shorts and boots dont look great at the best of times but shorts and high legs make you look like a gumby
GUMBY3.jpg

louis

Graham_S

Squirrely!
Feb 27, 2005
Saudi Arabia
i know the ones you mean, i had a pair when i was based in cyprus. very comfortable.
bought them in the survival aids shop in glasgow.
great boots.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
This is the closest that i have found that look anything like what i remember. Perhaps have the sole replaced with something a bit more agressive, would Altberg do that?. Has anyone ordered from here before? .Boots

lou

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
I had a pair of those "Desert wellies" years ago, great boots for summer as I usually find that proper boots are way too hot and don't even get me started on thinsulate lined boots :rolleyes:

I got em off a squaddie mate of mine and as they had the leather lops instead of eyelets they were quick to put on and remove.

Think they had a crepe sole? not the best in the mud but I liked those boots a lot, well comfy.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE