Submitting *.pdf or *.doc

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I've written a review in Word, and pdf'd it to reduce the file size (it has photos).
What is the best (read 'simplest') way for me to submit it ?

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
You shouldn't have to PDF a review with pictures to make it small enough to mail. If you go find the Sabre 60/100 review that I wrote, that has a fair few pictures and came in at just a bit over 1Mb as a Word file, inc the pictures. When I sent it in, I also sent Tony the image files since I believed that they needed to be stored separately and linked in.

What you need to do is to reduce the image size to between 50kb and 120kb, aiming for the lower end of that range. All those rucksack images were less than 60kb.

If you paste a large, straight from camera, image into Word, then resize the image in Word to fit on the page, all the information required for the large image is stored as part of the Word document, so bloating the file. Use photo software to "resample", save as a new .JPG file with about 10% compression, then paste into the review :)

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
Images shrunk, file zipped (as Word), and forwarded to Stuart.
It's intended for the "Aberdeenshire Bushcraft" post, by the way. Not for international publication (despite all the fuss).

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE