Stuff i've made... Pic Heavy...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
Just thought i would post some pic's of a few things i've made...

Catapult with curly birch scales:
Starting with a blank:
catapultblank.jpg

Finished item:
DSCF1528.jpg

Matching firesteel:
DSCF1527.jpg

Small pocket knife (made from a kit, just screw it together polish and atempt some file work and make the scales)
DSCF1516.jpg

File work: I'm learning!
DSCF1517.jpg

Paracord Stuff:
DSCF1520.jpg

Lanyards, ranger beads and monkey fists all learned from youtube!
DSCF1524.jpg

Cobra keyring:
DSCF1522.jpg

Thanks for looking :)

shaggystu

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
nice work, i especially like the all black paracord bracelet, that looks like it'd be good for things like shoulder straps, don't suppose you have link for a tutorial on that knot do you?

cheers

stuart

Johnnyboy1971

Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
Don't want to sound too stupid but where do you get the brown camo para cord from that the right hand monkey fist is made from.

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
Don't want to sound too stupid but where do you get the brown camo para cord from that the right hand monkey fist is made from.

Hi Jonnyboy... I used Desert Camo 550 cord for that one mate.... It was quite hard to do because it has a huge ballbearing in it and took 5 passes to cover it. It's my favorite. Coyote Brown and Black are the plain colours.

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
nice work, i especially like the all black paracord bracelet, that looks like it'd be good for things like shoulder straps, don't suppose you have link for a tutorial on that knot do you?

cheers

stuart

The black one is a woven watch strap design, without the watch! It's a good one to make because it uses one continuous length of cord so theres no guessing how much cord you need and cutting to little or to much from your supply (like in a cobra stitch). I only found a slide show tutorial to learn it.... It's quite simple and quick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUUxriu9PTk&playnext=1&list=PLD864EB48B9B8F398

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
The black one is a woven watch strap design, without the watch! It's a good one to make because it uses one continuous length of cord so theres no guessing how much cord you need and cutting to little or to much from your supply (like in a cobra stitch). I only found a slide show tutorial to learn it.... It's quite simple and quick. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUUxriu9PTk&playnext=1&list=PLD864EB48B9B8F398

thanks for that mick, i'd managed to find the same tutorial myself earlier as it happens, just struggling to find paracord at the moment! (i've just moved house, it's still packed away somewhere)

stuart

offroadmick

Forager
Feb 16, 2011
Essex
Hey! Cracking goood stuff! If you wouldn't mind... did you make , or purchase the catapult casting? If purchased...WHERE?!!

I didn't cut the catapult out myself, I bought what they call a blank. Just an unfinished one.
You can find a blank for the catapult here... http://www.knifebargains.co.uk/acat...king_Kit_with_9cm_Carbon_Blade___3526K__.html £12.95 Then just polish and add the handles and elastic...

If you just do a search for 'catapult blank' or 'milbro blank' something will turn up.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE