Stuck-on Weetabix...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
As all parents know full-well, the most adhesive substance known to man is Weetabix, mixed to a paste with milk and left to dry.

Why have we, as bushcrafters, not as yet found any uses for this remarkable product?

I await your suggestions with great interest..............

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Agreed. Every E&E,survival or anti Zombie kit as carried by serious Bushcrafters, should contain at least 2 Weetabix biscuits and milk powder as boot re-soling kit. Lost in the English wilderness for days on end, boots worn through...no problem. A quick mix, allow to dry...and yo! new boot soles. Lightweight, silent tread,non slip and in a real emergency you could even eat yer boots...

It's not a new idea though as it's believed Jack the Ripper favoured weetabix soled boots to move silently around the streets of East London. I understand it's the origins of the expression 'cereal killer'...
cool08.gif

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Have to try that.
Up until now, I've been happy with a mix of Aunt Jemima pancake mix and milk, not even egg, but it's rather stone-like.

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
Have to try that.
Up until now, I've been happy with a mix of Aunt Jemima pancake mix and milk, not even egg, but it's rather stone-like.

Ah! Yes. For the modern look Aunt Jemima's Mix is quite good if mixed with dried fruit, currantly raisin the heel is fashionable I'm told...
happy-wink-001.gif

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
"What do we do with all the debris from t'mill Boss ? There's tons of the stuff!"

"S'easy lad; we turn it into briquettes. They'll pack tidy that way"

"But Boss, they'll be too totty to use for burning !"

"Burning? burning? Lad they're good eating those ! Full of roughage, and roughage, and good stuff like that :) bound to be good for y'guts, and the figure….the ladies will love it, low in calories, no fat, filling too"

"You think we can charge much for this stuff though Boss ?"

"If we sell it right lad, if we sell it right"

"Needs a catchy name though, wheat briquettes won't do it now, will it ?"

Result; Weetabix,
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weetabix

Made in a former grist mill in England, but how come the North American version needs more fibre ?

Personally I think the blooming things should be soaked in paraffin or wax and used as firelighters :rolleyes:
M

Fadcode

Feb 13, 2016
Cornwall
When the weather turns nasty and wet, I half fill my wellingtons with a mush made from Weetabix and hot tea, this makes me 6 inches taller, so i can see a lot further, i can walk in puddles without fear of getting my feet wet, and best of all, when I sit down for a break I can slip off my wellies, get my spoon out and have a feast out of my wellies, I really have to be quite hungry, because if I only eat from one welly, I have to limp all the way home.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
yuk!

When young we called them `Babybix` as they went down to a mush.

Tengu the decadent cerial eater (Currently she is alternating between muslei and cookie crisps)

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
One third weetabix, one third shredded wheat and one third bran flakes. Top with raisins and chopped banana and cover in semi skimmed milk. Breakfast of the gods.

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
I'd heard NASA were looking for a more robust material for the nose cone tiles on the new version of the shuttle, maybe we should give them a heads up, true true after about 6 or 7 re-entries into earths atmosphere you may need to replace slightly worn tiles but that is just the cost of progress

GGTBod

Mar 28, 2014
One third weetabix, one third shredded wheat and one third bran flakes. Top with raisins and chopped banana and cover in semi skimmed milk. Breakfast of the gods.

and as a bonus you get to drop a steaming batch a few hours later that could sink The Fort Drum battelship :)

wicca

Native
Oct 19, 2008
South Coast
" I half fill my wellingtons with a mush made from Weetabix and hot tea "
surprised-011.gif

I've heard of Beef Wellington...not too sure about your recipe though....:D

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
My standard crumb coating for all sorts of meats = 3 parts smashed corn flakes and 1 part raw sesame seeds with hebs and/or spices
Seasoned flour and egg wash, of course. Dried Aunt Jemima pancake battr really is like stone. Wonder why.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE