For Sale Stuart Ackerman Wharncliffe Serrata

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
1. ITEM: Wharncliffe Serrata by Stuart Ackerman with extremely comfy and pretty African blackwood handle scales

2. CONDITION: Used, sharpened on KME and with sharpening and use marks on the blade and handle. Sheath modified to work with a belt.

3. EXTRAS: A warm fuzzy feeling of owning something made by a fellow forumite

4. LOCATION: UK

5. PRICE: £160 was 175 including delivery and payment via bank transfer

6. DESCRIPTION: The recent threads praising Stuart's case 440c creations made me realise I just don't carry this enough. This is a cast 440c wharncliffe blade, with large primary bevel and smaller (not micro) secondary bevel, sharpened on a KME with low grits to give a toothy edge, as intended by Stuart. I can feel a slight nick in the edge but can't photograph it. There are a couple of specks of corrosion on the blade. For sale as I just don't carry it enough. The modified sheath means you can now fit it on a belt, and also clip it (not securely!) to a pocket or belt too for a bit of casual house carry. It came direct from Stuart a few years ago when I fancied having a crack with a Serrata. As you can see from the side-on shot of the sheath and knife (looking down on the underside of the knife) there is some glue poking out from between the blade stock and handles - it arrived like this, and you can slightly feel it when in hand, but it does not detract from the handle comfort at all.

7. PICTURES:

Last edited:

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France
Open to trades too - big fan of interesting EDC non-lockers, flippers and having never tried a Woodlore profile I'd be interesting in trying one out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE