Strops for sale

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

mikew

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 25, 2005
West Yorkshire
I've finally got around to making some more strops. This time it's a bit more complicated so let me know if I've not explained myself well.

All strops are backed on English cherry and measure 250x40x20mm. The leather is 3mm veg tanned cow hide.

strop%202.jpg

I have them available with the leather rough side up or smooth side up depending on your preference.

I find smooth side up is better for pastes (chromium oxide, diamond pastes etc) and rough side up is better for compounds in bar form. Either way works well for Autosol.

The options available are:

Rough side up, strop only £13.00
Smooth side up, strop only £13.00
Rough side up with a bar of stropping compound £14.00
Smooth side up, pre loaded with chromium oxide £14.00

All prices include postage and packing. Payment by PayPal prefered.​

Johnnyboy1971

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 24, 2010
Yorkshire
I like the look of these. Could they be made double sided as 3mm is good for convex edges and thinner for a scandi edge.

Last edited:

Seoras

Mod
Mod
Oct 7, 2004
Bramley, Hampshire
Thanks for the edit guys.

Personally I strop my knives with a block of cherry wood backed with leather and it works a treat. I use the rough side up but did not know it worked on the smooth side with pastes.

Need to try that one.

Cheers

George

mikew

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 25, 2005
West Yorkshire
I like the look of these. Could they be made double sided as 3mm is good for convex edges and thinner for a scandi edge.

No problem, I have plenty of cow hide form 1.2mm upwards.

Having said that, I sharpen knives professionally, have been making and using knives with 'scandi' grinds for years and in my experience 3mm thick leather works very well for all types of bevel.

Last edited:

norca

Tenderfoot
Jun 6, 2012
leeds
as a shoemaker for many a year and leather worker and strop me knives prob more than most the thickness of the leather makes no diff backed on a board is the way to go nice bit of kit :cool:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE