Strikers. (I'll never learn.)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
This group buy is now closed to new entrants. In the next couple of days I will send a private message to each of you with my paypal address.

P&P for inland postage to the UK is 70p second class or £1.47 second class signed for. This includes 12p for a 000 size Jiffy bag. If you choose not to use the signed for service the shipment is at your risk.

If you are in the UK please let me know how you would like to send the strikers by sending me a private message on this forum with the following form included.

I will contact buyers who are not in the UK separately with shipping details when I have them.

Please copy and paste the form below into your private message and complete it all before sending it to me.

Some of the address label work will be automated, so please put your address all on one line in the form, using commas to separate address 'lines'.

BCUK USER ID:

POSTAL ADDRESS:

NUMBER OF STRIKERS:

POSTAGE AND PACKING:

THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF:

WILL BE PAID BY PAYPAL ADDRESS:

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Obviously just me being thick again as others have already provided the info but .......

...what info is needed for the line:

"WILL BE PAID BY PAYPAL ADDRESS:"

as I didn't know I had a paypal 'address'. Presumably I have one but where do I find it. Or is it just my e-mail address?

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
Ok thanks Peter for confirming - I will send my e-mail address and it that is not what is wanted Ged will have to set the boys on me!!:)

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Obviously just me being thick again as others have already provided the info but .......

...what info is needed for the line:

"WILL BE PAID BY PAYPAL ADDRESS:"

as I didn't know I had a paypal 'address'. Presumably I have one but where do I find it. Or is it just my e-mail address?

Aye it's the email address you log in with, that your paypal account is connected to. That's what Ged will see so he knows it's from you.

mikeybear

Forager
Feb 15, 2010
UK
Ok I'm probably being very thick here but how does one pay the paypal fees on the "buy goods" so that Ged actually gets the right amount of money, not an amount with fees deducted.

Cheers

MikeyBear

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
... I didn't know I had a paypal 'address'. Presumably I have one but where do I find it. Or is it just my e-mail address?

Aye it's the email address you log in with, that your paypal account is connected to. That's what Ged will see so he knows it's from you.

Chris I was a bit careless with my terminology, but Sam is right, it's the email address you log into Paypal with. You don't have to have just one email address, and many people use a separate one for things like bank statements and Paypal. I have dozens, and I use them for different things so that if I start seeing spam addressed to one of them I likely know who sold the address and I stop dealing with them. If Paypal has a security problem and my account is compromised then it's no big deal, I'll just bin the accounts and it won't affect my communications with the rest of the world. I don't use online banking at all.

Incidentally thanks to everyone for the kind thoughts during this GB.

cave_dweller

Nomad
Apr 9, 2010
Vale of Glamorgan
Ok I'm probably being very thick here but how does one pay the paypal fees on the "buy goods" so that Ged actually gets the right amount of money, not an amount with fees deducted.

Cheers

MikeyBear

Good question, and one I've asked myself!

I think (but I'm not sure) that if you're purchasing goods, then the seller gets charged the fees, which amount to 3.4% + 20p. (e.g. if the goods cost £5, to make sure ged actually receives £5 I would have to send £5 + 17p + 20p = £5.37). I'm not aware of any way for the buyer to elect to pay the fees. In this case I think we're going to need to add the fees to the amount we pay to Ged, else the fella is going to lose out, which isn't good for ged's bank balance, or for the future of group buys!

If anyone knows the score, please tell!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE