Strange Morning...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
Wow, what a sobering initial post, another reminder of our mortality.

Well done on the attempt, I am glad there are still some folk around who would go that extra step to try and help another person in need. For that, I salute you.

T1Viper

Nomad
Sep 24, 2010
Ayrshire
All i can do is echo others comments and say well done, at least you tried to help. If i was in need of help i'd like someone like you to be around!!

Bluebs4

Aug 12, 2011
Bristol
Well done mate for having a go like others have said most wouldn't .......gona dodge being around John fenna when the big man comes for me.

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
Well done indeed!.....

i happen to be in a job where i do cpr often on a daily basis, BUT and its a big BUT i know my help is going to be seconds or minutes away AND i have facemask /bag and mask to distance me from the reality of mouth to mouth.
(I know mouth to mouth rescue breaths are not compulsory now) but when i have had to do cpr in the street i know it is NOT a pleasant experience. i was doing one rescue breath to two retchings to one rescue breath...
If this was your experience dont carry any Guilt:- whatever you manage is the best you can do for someone and always better than nowt. i have been at hundreds of resusitations now with full hospital kit and backup and very few have been what i would call positive outcomes.
Tears are a good and natural reaction and i often see tears as a post resuscitation response. part of it is the reaction to the adrenaline you release as part of the stress reaction. Or sometimes its just that your a human being. Do that update on your skills and take a new person along wife/ partner/friend/kids so they can do it too. Sermon over... but well done.

Thanks again all.
Wasn't pleasant doing mouth to mouth as you say, but adrenalin kicked in and just got on with it.
He was unconscious and passed calmly, don't think he new we were helping him, but I was talking to him and comforting him anyway incase he could hear me.
There wasnt any heroics, you dont have time to stop and think. It's a major life experience I won't forget, but nothing to what many in uniform have to go through on a regular basis.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE