strange gifts

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
my brother-in-law came back from the Dominican Republic were he is from and he gave me this when he saw it he thought it was just up my street.its a goats foot with a glass bottle under the skin.:lmao:
04042008317.jpg

will give it a week or so before i pull it apart and put some nice leather work on it insted of the blue,white and red.:rolleyes:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
It is a bit strange - but there's nothing wrong with being 'a bit different' :D

Could it be a case of the hair of the goat that bit you? :beerchug: - if it's it still a functioning bottle that is.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Hmm? I've no idea why but my previous reply isn't showing in new posts and is showing as post #1 in this thread :dunno:

EDIT: It's now corrected itself - the curse of the goat bottle?

mentalnurse

Apr 4, 2007
ashton-in-makerfield,wigan
it has a glass beer bottle inside i think. as for customs not a clue it as no meat on it and i dont think leather goods are restricted and its value is very high,

as for a conversation piece i will have to fill it with something differant and pass it around the next camp fire and see what people say.lol

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Is there any reason why ? Practical or traditional...
Keep the contents warm ?
Alcohol smuggling.. "No, officer its just a goat leg I like to gnaw on when a little famished."

Dan1982

Jan 14, 2006
Cumbria
That is without a doubt one of the strangest, most bizarre things i have ever seen!

I must have one!!
:Thinkingo

Dan:D

shocks

Forager
Dec 1, 2007
Devon
I would love to see the look on their faces when you pass that around a camp fire....You know what it would be like, half way through a bottle of scotch already... what the B£$%^%

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
This needs a tall tale to goo with it... something about having to defend yourself from a rabid goat with a Crusader cup...

reddeath

Forager
Jul 29, 2007
Kilkenny, ROI
you could fill with water - im fairly sure taking a swig from it during the day when everyone is entirely sober would deffo attract more odd looks - then you could go into a .......you know how you can squeeze water from various tuba's and roots well the same can be said of a goats leg... speech

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE