Strange behaviour ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tetley

Apr 21, 2008
Bremetannacum Vetenorum
Two weeks ago I had an evening making Pop Can stoves with my Explorer Scouts , Alas the results were less than impressive :lmao:

However the scouts were inspired and have requested we do more of the same , I usually request that they bring their own cans in until today that is ...... I parked up this morning and walked the short distance to work , noticing as usual the amount of rubbish shoved in the hedges , except that today instead of grumbling about it I went back at lunchtime with 2 bin bags and cleared it out :yikes: ..... carefully placing undamaged cans in a seperate bag ( gaining two full ones for my trouble) all the while watched by my work colleagues . Needless to say they were perplexed and amused by this , especially as I was happy as larry for all the stoves we can make from my bag of Cans :) :red:

Has anybody else had a moment of slightly odd behaviour for the sake of their hobby they want to share :D

Bob

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I get lots of odd looks when I am seen harvesting Rosebay Willow herb, dried dead grass and dry bracken from the hedges - it is all for tinder bundles for friction firelighting etc - if I go for a walk with my wife she is collecting rubbish while I collect the grasses etc....we are used to odd looks!

Matt.S

Native
Mar 26, 2008
Exeter, Devon
Quite often. A few weeks ago I went for a Sunday stroll with a couple of mates. "Would you like some rosehip? Gorseflower?" "Stop eating the scenery!"

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
Everyday mate,....

gazing for minutes at trees, plants, hedgerows, etc,...where "normal" folk just walk passed them,...

shopping in town , checking out the dry bit of earth under a hedge and imagining how comfortable i could get in the bivi,...

in the office, unclipping a little necknife to sharpen my pencil,

visiting customers around the country , emerging from the bivi near any beach/park/woods, brushing my teeth in the car mirror and putting on a suit while my brew is on,...

my job is about as unbushy as it gets so i have to really stretch it out ,....hahahaha

Cheers

Stu

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Years ago collecting spiders on the sea front in Plymouth on a Bank Holiday. People were walking into the traffic to give me a wide berth. I was eventually moved on by a policeman.

DaveBromley

May 17, 2010
Manchester, England
I make my own wine and beer from seasonal delights. and have been stopped on many occasions to be asked "what on earth are you doing" when collecting hawthorn flowers or elderberries lol

The looks i get from people when i tell them what its for is a mix between Weirdo and I might give that a bash lol

Dave

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE