'Stop that, it's silly' or 'And now for something completely different'

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I have a Skrama. Insert, not sheathed. It could be left as it came and remain pouch based but it really needs a sheath.

In a change of tack from the norm, I fancy the opportunity to do wardrobe changes; so the sheath needs to fit well but not too tightly ;) .

So I need to work on a pattern. It needs a few tweaks but I got *reasonably* close with this first attempt :D

Now I am known for having a singular and quirky sense of humour ...

33023330291_df033de55e_c.jpg

Dialling down the machismo of the Skrama? :D :rofl:

I never really do understand why people use the phrase 'Not really bushcrafty, but ...' ;)

Few mm off the length, 5 to 7 mm off the width, redesign the curve into and width of the belt hanger area ... :D

I might even put a slot in to allow a tightening 'bodice' to be fitted :yikes: .

Thanks for looking, don't care if you hate it ;)

KenThis

Jun 14, 2016
Cardiff
I love it!
Don't get me wrong I love my Skrama and it's black leather sheath but it is on the scary side.
I'd be much happier wearing it on my belt in the woods if it looked like that.
Although now I'm thinking if I (a giant 6'4" 25+ stone lump) was seen in the woods with that on my belt it might be quite unnerving for the watcher...

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Aye... it's certainly different.

Whatever floats ya boat! ;)

Indeed :lmao:

I love it! >>><<<
I'd be much happier wearing it on my belt in the woods if it looked like that.

:D

Got an all* orange Mora too ;)

* I say 'all' but the blade is the standard Mora stainless steel colour ;)

Although now I'm thinking if I (a giant 6'4" 25+ stone lump) was seen in the woods with that on my belt it might be quite unnerving for the watcher...

I might suggest that it could well be that the 6' 4" and >25 stone might unnerve some and the presence of the knife could be considered a trifling detail :p

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Why not? It looks good, and you will not lose the scabbard as easily!

I have others in mind too ;) . I look at U.K tastes and wonder why we almost want to hide and avoid questions. I keep seeing 'foreigners' wandering round in their lands and daring to wear such things as vivid blues and bright reds :)

haha that's braw mate, refreshing to see something different. You will be the bell of the ball at rough close with that one!

:D

This is just a quick knock up to pattern check, Hamish.

I reached for the biggest sheet ~ in some ways, it's quite tame :yikes: .

I have some PINK too ;) :rofl:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
Playing with the pattern ~ pretty much only the length remained the same ...

The angle on the opening is pretty much there, lining up nicely with the angle of the insert.

The width at the opening is fine and can be left alone.

The 'belt loop/retention' area still needs tweaking ~ I took too little off the edge side and should have left the spine side alone :(

You can see the shape of the insert within the sheath ... needs a trim along the edge. First 60mm is okay, then it needs a 5mm width reduction until the sweep which needs a 7mm reduction ...

And the next lot of cordage will be thinner too and be crossed rather than looped :D

Well, in theory ;)

Now ramping up the machismo with rawhide?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE