Still no hornets.

• Hey Guest, For sale we have Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteel PLEASE LOOK HERE for more information or use the Pay Now button in the sidebar

PoppyD

Jul 18, 2021
Stourton
If there's lots to see though the last thing I mind is to take a photo.....

Have you seen this report on the BBC ? it's about a hornet colony in America though.

Yes, that is what happens. It is really difficult to take pictures when you see something exiting, because then you have to either mess with your camera and zoom in which doesnt show the animals as well as you can see them, and then they go and you can’t find them, or you don’t get to see all of the details you would have seen if you had just used your binocularity glasses And watched in the first place. And if I am watching them and remember to take a picture, then I don’t want to as they might see me move. It’s annoying. And they should make binocularities with cameras built in. That would solve all problems.

I haven’t seen that about the hornets, but I will watch that now. Thank you.

Reactions: Toddy

Nice65

Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
I want a pair of those binos :)
Me too. It’s kind of why I use my phone camera rather than the more capable Canon S95 which I ended up selling because I was missing the target for fiddling with the settings or trying to get closer. That and Bluetooth connectivity would smooth the process. A decent zoom and macro without lenses is what we need. If nothing else, it would help us amateurs not go stomping in and alarming the general wildlife.

Reactions: PoppyD

Broch

Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
Reactions: PoppyD

PoppyD

Jul 18, 2021
Stourton
My grandad left me some really high end nocularities. Swarovski and Leica. They are amazing. The Swarovski are heavy though.

Broch

Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
Rather than start a new thread I thought I'd post here.

I know hornets take bark (and wood pulp) to build nests but I've never seen them doing it at this time of year. I'm presuming that these two are actually getting some sweet sap from this Ash twig but I've never seen this behaviour before.

I've seen more hornets this year than I think I've seen in my lifetime :)

Hornets on Ash Twig - IMG_0961.jpg

Reactions: FerlasDave

Hultafors Outdoor knife for Sale

We have a a number of Hultafors Outdoor Knives with Firesteels for sale.

You can see more details here in this thread OUTDOOR KNIVES The price is £27 posted to the UK. Pay via the paypal button below.