Still cant read a complete post due to those *&$$£$* adverts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
H

Heathenpeddler

Even on this page the 'Forum Jump' button is barely visible and this thread has not stretched. I've tried the right-click and the drag methods and it just ain't happening for me. This new site may be great for the sponsors but it's no bloody good for me :( I mean, it's been going on since May by the threads on here so what gives? Are we going to get a fix to this or not? Something as simple as allowing a scroll bar should not take 2 months to incorporate. (Yes, I do have some sitebuilding knowlege btw...)

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I am still having problems seeing the whole of a Post.
It is at its worst when someone sticks in a huge picture - as the photo overlaps what my computer allows me to see I often miss a lot of the point of the picture AND it drags some of the words with it so I cannot read the post either.
If I want to delete any old PMs I have to delete the lot as the "Select" buttons are lost to me due to the overlap.
I can read my PMs only if I press the reply button and read the PM as a quote in the reply page.....
Its all a bit depressing realy!
John

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
I must say I am a bit surprised that most of the original bugs have not been fixed yet in fact would it be possible to have a list of bugs that have been fixed as I am struggling to think of a single one :dunno: :sad6: to sound like a whinger (I would have typed the apology but there is a long standing bug that won't allow it :p )

dommyracer

Native
May 26, 2006
London
It is dissapointing and annoying to see that this bug stil hasn't been fixed, particularly when possible solutions have been provided.

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I only get the display problems when a large photo is submitted, or when I open a pm, but I am having problems in other places....Compared to other sites, this one takes ages to open a thread, esp one with photo's in. Also, what is all the logging in stuff about....? On the top left hand side it shows the login. If I log in there (under a different password to my usual one..????) I still cannot access the forums and when I try to post, I have to log in on there too. What is the login on the left hand side for...? It doesnt seem to log you into anything at all, but at the top of the page on the forums, it asks you not to log directly into the forums....?????
This could well just me me getting things all wrong rather than site issues, but I never had these problems on the old site....
Also....Tony, are you still out there..? Not seen you around for ages...

Bootstrap Bob

Jun 21, 2006
Oxfordshire
Has anything been done about this bug yet? It has gone very quiet, am I the only one left with the problem?

Giancarlo's fudge seems to work for me although it's a pain having to add the text to the end of the URL.

Did anything happen regarding the automatic picture resizing? This does appear to be a major problem.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
No Bob you are not the only one and sadly I am afraid that people are growing tired of complaining on deaf ears so are probably not bothering to comment anymore. I can't think of a single bug that has actually been fixed yet, I am sure there are some but as we don't seem to get any updates I can't tell you what thay are :( :dunno:

H

Heathenpeddler

Unfortunately I can only agree with everything you've said Silverback :(

andyn

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I know what you mean Silverback.

As a full member I don't expect to be treated like a major shareholder, but a bit of common decency of explaining to the membership whats going on would be nice.

I appreciate that BCUK office is probably very busy, and maybe fixing bugs on the forum doesn't help generate any income. But this place has been built around the forums and it would be nice to see a little more focus now and then, rather than just jumping in now and again to lock a thread down.

There are numerous unanswered questions directed to Tony, threads with great ideas in that have fallen on deaf ears, and even competitions that ended months ago that have never been progressed.

Maybe i'm being a bit naive and ignorant, but just makes me wonder for how much longer people will remain loyal full contributing members to the site for before they get fed up of the lack of communication.

benp1

Nomad
Nov 30, 2006
London
i'm also disappointed about not being able to read the threads, an update would be good.

nice to know that others still have problems

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
It seems to me that most peoples probs would be sorted if folk would simply resize their photos!
Even with my ancient system I was able to sort things so that most stuff is legible, by adjusting the resolution of my moniters display....but over large photos still wreck the posts!
Rather than nock Tony and Tim ffor not getting things done (you should see how hard they work on this) blame inconciderate members who cannot be ar*ed to resize their photos !
Even I - a gormless prat when it comes to IT - can figure this one out in Photobucket!
Hit the edit button, then the resize button then the website page size option!
Not hard realy! and you get reasonably sized photos!
Aly33.jpg

Give it a try folks...
John

ukarcher

Jul 9, 2006
England
I agree with Mr Fenna. All the other forums that I am a member of, have a photo sizing rule. Usually the maximum width photo they will allow is around 600 pixels. The mods on a few even delete photos that are bigger than their maximum allowance. Like John said, it is really easy to edit the photo in places like photobucket before posting. Also it allows people with dial up to view them quicker as they take less time to load.

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
I hear what your saying John and your right to an extent, people should think twice before posting big picture but people have always posted large pictures on the forum, but before the upgrade the scroll bars within the main frame weren't turned off so you could just scroll the page to the text. Yes its annoying when people post large pictures, but its then the coding in the new site that then makes it akward.

Its fine turning the scroll bars off, but if you are going to do that, then a picture limit size should be enforced.

And frankly its not just the not being able to read all the thread when a big picture is posted, there are HEAPS of other bugs that have only occured since the upgrade and makes what was a simple and user friendly site into a site that has loads of "features".
Links that direct the content to the wrong frame is the most annoying in my books. Or having to click and drag to get to reply buttons.

Just a couple of examples.

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Ye Gods Andyn!
What system are you running?
I have bog standard Windows XP and now the only issues I have are those !"£$%^&*!! big photos!
Imagine the debugging that has to be done to make sure all the various systems around work brilliantly....answer - use a simple system for simle debugging!:D

andyn

Aug 15, 2005
Hampshire
www.naturescraft.co.uk
If it worked fully on XP SP1, with IE7 then I would be a happy chappy. :D

John, if you want a giggle, go to the Gallery click on a picture, then select Slideshow. Thats the most blatent example. But similar things happen when you view a PM from the pop up msg box too.

Or edit a msg and save it and you will no long be able to view (vertically) all the posts in a thread.

Again, just a couple of examples that are bugging me. :lmao: :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE