Stealth hang

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Originaltrav

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2013
Oldham
Hi everyone
Been perusing google earth looking for potential sites to go with my kids and do some stealth hanging .
Anyone been on Formby beach Lancs
Or up round Arnside near Silverdale Lancs
Both look ok on google but are they?

Cheers

Paul_B

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 14, 2008
Cumbria
Arnside/Silverdale is an AONB and actually quite woody. Plenty of woodland round there. Live nearby but never wild camped there (Lakes nearby and less hassle as it's accepted there).

I do know of a few locations where kids have had fires and drank whatever cheap alcohol kids do nowadays. Not suitable for you. One spot is... Well, I won't go there but pm you if that's ok. It is a little away from there and near a popular local feature but late set-ups, early striking of camp certainle helps.

Formby is a nice coniferous woodland with some amazing dune systems. Natterjack toad, Red Squirrel, etc. Lovely places all around. IIRC there is a nice walk from the main Southport road into some nice woodland. Used to walk there as a kid.

Both areas are AONB and plenty of SSSI's there too. You will be careful with the leave no trace thing won't you. Afterall it is important habitats round there, a lot more important than you might realise.

Originaltrav

Tenderfoot
Jan 7, 2013
Oldham
Cheers for the info
As for leaving no trace - even I won't know that I've been there part from "leave only footprints - take nothing but photos.
Thanks

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE